Shootings Dried up

big simmo999

Just spoken to john about booking a field out for tomorrow (saturday) - they've all been ploughed up and there will be no more shooting until the new list comes out in late October :D

If he gets a call from a farmer he will pass the job onto the next person who rings him - so if you want to shoot (or have a chance of shooting!!) before late October you will have to ring up and take your chances :<

Well done pete!At this time of the year the only way to shoot pigeons is to be prepared to look about and take your chances,i think its unfair to expect John to know excactly which stubbles are still available.At this time of the year I am prepared to look about and drive a bit waiting for an opportunity to arise...On saturday i was driving(and having a look at several fields) for almost 3 hours until I found a freshly cut corn field with a bit of movement(not NPPC land).It picked up in the afternoon and i ended with 64 woodies and 3 black ones for 95 shots.

Just spoken to John this afternoon and he says its just a case of keeping a look out and keeping in contact with him. Got a chance of shooting some rooks through him tomorrow - but I can't start till late on:(

He says that there is not much in the way of acorns and beech mast - so it has the potential for being a decent winter (here's hoping and fingers crossed etc.)