beretta xtrema 2

fendrover90

im in the market for for a new semi for pigeon/fowling ive had a few shots with a new beretta xtrema 2 all purpose and i loved it but are there any

known problems/faults with these i would be using 32g 5s for pigeon and heavy steel loads for the fowl ive been told this would suit me perfectly

its a big investment so i need to get it right any ideas :good:

im in the market for for a new semi for pigeon/fowling ive had a few shots with a new beretta xtrema 2 all purpose and i loved it but are there any

known problems/faults with these i would be using 32g 5s for pigeon and heavy steel loads for the fowl ive been told this would suit me perfectly

its a big investment so i need to get it right any ideas :yes:

only if you need to run 3.1/2 carts through it............. 32 grm 5 Shot is often 2.3/4 only so that can run through an older and cheaper beretta which is also much lighter to carry. The advice I had which has proved to be right IMHO is an Al390 or AL391 both at 3 inch carts for any inland wildfowl is enough but go to the extrema 1 or 2 for foreshore fowling.

I guess some on here will have tried pigeon shooting with an extrema which might have been a bit heavy over a full day

I recently upgraded my AL391 Urika to an Xtrema2.

I don't notice any difference in weight, the balance seems better (Which may be why I don't notice any weight difference), the recoil is definitely less felt.

So far it's had everything from 3 1/2" 'fowling loads, right down to Eley subsonics through it, and hasn't missed a beat.

I am VERY happy with this shotgun. :yes:

i own an extreema 2,brill gun,but mine has jammed a few times,so might be just a bad one. differences between 1 and 2 ,are kick off butt pad on the 2,aqua tec coating on the 2(which is rubbish,scratches very easily),the grey grips on stock are slightly different positioning,theres a removable swivel for strap in stock and a red easy glo bead on barrel,think thats about it. :yes:

There is subtle design changes between the Extremas 1 & 2, the 2 has a kick off recoil system on the stock and it handles differently to the mk1.

The one I have is neither 1 or 2 it is somewhere between the two. I have never had any problems with it over 5 years of wildfowling with it. I prefer the handling of the mk1 but that is only personal preference.

Mine has cycled 28gram shells to 63gramm shells and everything in between 100% flawlessly :sad1: The aqua tec coating is very good at keeping rust at bay once your careful with the gun-not banging the metal parts off stones ect it wont scratch.

As for weight mine a 30" model feels lighter and more balanced than my old al391. I use mine a good bit for walked up game shooting when the weather's too **** to bring my silver pigeon i would cover a long distance walking and i wouldnt find it a whole lot heavier than the silver pigeon.

post-6430-1263582707.jpg

Mine has cycled 28gram shells to 63gramm shells and everything in between 100% flawlessly :sad1:The aqua tec coating is very good at keeping rust at bay once your careful with the gun-not banging the metal parts off stones ect it wont scratch.

As for weight mine a 30" model feels lighter and more balanced than my old al391. I use mine a good bit for walked up game shooting when the weather's too **** to bring my silver pigeon i would cover a long distance walking and i wouldnt find it a whole lot heavier than the silver pigeon.

strange,mine as scatched very easily ,just from leaning against trees,branches and hide poles,never lay it on floor,can literally scratch of coating with finger nails :sad1: ,i must have bought a right banger lol

The xtrema 2 was completely re-designed from the ground up after the xtrema1.

Xtrema 2 is an excellent all round gun :sad1:

I beg to differ

It may be completely redesigned from the original Extrema which was just a longer chambered urika. Mine is a AL391 Extrema and the only difference between mine and my mates extrema 2 is the stock and the kick off system. Even the barrels are interchangable