Suzuki Jimny - What MPG

Salop Matt

What are you other Jimny owners getting ?

Early indications show ours having done 117 miles to half a tank so at double that = 220 miles to a tank its returning 25MPG !

Far more thirsty than i expected, although its been run in 4x4 for a couple of days since the last fill and motorway miles sat at 70 - 80 MPH and some steep hill climbs ! And in a morning started and left for 10-15min to warm and defrost. Also impressed with the heater in it to !

So will see if we can work on reducing the average MPG. I plan to check all the tyre pressures tonight and make sure they are spot on and check it on a week when its not been used in 4x4 etc to see what difference it has !

check tyre pressures and also may be worth checking the lambda sensor, though even with a small engine having large tyres and the aerodynamics of a house brick economy is unlikely to be that great unless you have a very light right foot and drive slowly

I get 31-32 mostly for a W reg, year 2000.

As soon as you put it 4x4 (like I did on Tuesday, through loads of ice and snow) forget mpg figures, slurp slurp!!!

I run proper tyre pressures 23 & 26 + mostly stick to the speed limit, from a road noise point of view.

cheers

AndyCM

Edited by AndyCM

What are you other Jimny owners getting ?

Early indications show ours having done 117 miles to half a tank so at double that = 220 miles to a tank its returning 25MPG !

Far more thirsty than i expected, although its been run in 4x4 for a couple of days since the last fill and motorway miles sat at 70 - 80 MPH and some steep hill climbs ! And in a morning started and left for 10-15min to warm and defrost. Also impressed with the heater in it to !

So will see if we can work on reducing the average MPG. I plan to check all the tyre pressures tonight and make sure they are spot on and check it on a week when its not been used in 4x4 etc to see what difference it has !

We met at Edge hill - Blaze!!! I brought a Jimny In 02 for my wife it does say 40+ mph urban/rural runs, but she runs it steady say 60mph max. The motor is lively so if 'footed' I'm sure it will drink more, plus it's not exactly 'aerodynamic' so at speed it will drink more. As the others put check tyres + I take it it's not in 4wd on the road. otherwise it's hardly been touched other than servicing over 35k since new.

Only problems have been front king pins ( oil leaking on front joints showed the problem), but the garage didn't refill the f/diff oil after replacing them - glad I always do my own checks, but the front diff doesn't rotate untill 4wd is selected so no damage.

The front tyres round off a bit but the tracking is ok - they just do it, I only use say 1/4 off road tyres - works well for most situations. Last tip fit a new air filter yourself, even if serviced alot of garages don't like to get their hands dirty. Good luck any probs send me a PM. :welcomeani:

Edited by pigeon popper