Any "mid-weekers" ?

Cranfield

I have been out every day this week and haven,t got my hide and decoys out of the car once.

If there have been any pigeons on the fields when I get there, I walk them off and they don,t come back.

Very frustrating.

There is a rape field about 1 mile away from "mine", that is smothered with pigeons.

Today, there must have been close to 1000 birds on the rape, the hedgerow surrounding it and sunning themselves on an adjoining wheat field.

The farmer will only let a local Pigeon Club shoot on his land ( I approached him last year), they only seem to be about at the weekend.

I have decided that this field is so popular, because the pigeons have eaten the rape down to the stalks,  now all the new shoots are sprouting and the birds prefer these, to the maturer leaves.

Hopefully, it will get cloudier and windier soon.

These bright, clear, almost windless days are a pain. ;)

I've been considering shooting a stubble field for a couple of days.  But I have decided to leave it until saturday when it should be windy I believe.  God knows why they are using this stubble because there doesn't appear to be any wheat left on it.  There is however a lot of Ivy clad trees surrounding the field which they are feeding on as well.  Each day I've been to check the field more birds have arrived so by saturday it should be good. ;)