Hare Shooting?

WAB366

We only shoot them when numbers get up. Had a hare drive over Christmas and had 12 from one field. Nobody wants to carry a 'fen donkey' though do they!

Coincidently if you are ever starving and there is no other means of food you can easily catch a hare! When chased a hare will always follow the same route (they will follow the same track day in day out). Apparently (an old fen tale) if you know where the hare runs, set up a snare and then run at the hare like hell, it will always take the same track and hey-presto! I must admit I've never tried it myself though lol!

SteveLO146 - Its still the same in Lincs mate, apart from buzzards and dogmen everywhere. Saw a 4 x 4 the other day and its reg number was P1 KEY

(only kidding mods).

That car (LWB Pajero IIRC) lives in postcode LE5

Edited by Dave-G

Hares are not game, and they dont have a close season. You can lamp them. 5's or bigger in a shotgun, .17 hmr takes them out well on the lamp but dont push the distance.

:good: hares and rabbits are ground game

hares can be shot at night on enclosed land, with as i understand it 'express permission' IIRC

Edited by Paul223

on my old permission we had dozens and dozens of them i don't particularly like shooting them but, one farmer asked me to control them as there was silly amounts on his land they seemed to like his beet field i had 14 out the same field took 3 for my father in-law and broke the strap on my game bag! but the rest i left, i use to head shoot with my .22lr but mainly walk up and down the beet with my hatsan and some no5's cant remember what gram but had full choke in, you could get right on top of them if you moved slowly and quietly then bang :good:

Edited by bicykillgaz

on my old permission we had dozens and dozens of them i don't particularly like shooting them but, one farmer asked me to control them as there was silly amounts on his land they seemed to like his beet field i had 14 out the same field took 3 for my father in-law and broke the strap on my game bag! but the rest i left, i use to head shoot with my .22lr but mainly walk up and down the beet with my hatsan and some no5's cant remember what gram but had full choke in, you could get right on top of them if you moved slowly and quietly then bang :lol:

would a game dealer not take them? :drinks: or at least give them away :o

on my old permission we had dozens and dozens of them i don't particularly like shooting them but, one farmer asked me to control them as there was silly amounts on his land they seemed to like his beet field i had 14 out the same field took 3 for my father in-law and broke the strap on my game bag! but the rest i left, i use to head shoot with my .22lr but mainly walk up and down the beet with my hatsan and some no5's cant remember what gram but had full choke in, you could get right on top of them if you moved slowly and quietly then bang :lol:

You're a muppet. Right time of the year you can get £6 a hare from a gamedealer.

Edited by Bleeh