Brentwood pigeon shooting club

yes they are still runing but i have no contact details for you i will try and find them for you. I am not a member myself but i do know some one who is they have told me it is verey hard to get the good shooting as the full members seem to get it all. i would personaly do some door knocking and see how you get on befour joining such a club.

one of the guys on the commitee works in essex guns on saturdays...give them a bell and they will give you a number

i know someone who was a probationary member and you have to shoot a minimum number of days before being allowed become a full member...only problem with that is that it has to be done mid week...not much good if you work full time...like a previous poster said all the older members take preference over where they shoot...before you shoot you have to call them and tell them you are going to such and such a place tmmor etc...then you mayb told that someone else is going there so you cant...bit of a strange club and not very accomadating for new members

• 1 month later...
Guest beechris

Hi, im interested in shooting on some land that ive been told BPC has the rights to, however iv only seen them on there twice last year!! and the pigeons are hammering it well. could some one pass on the details to me please.

chris :good:

• 8 months later...
  • 9 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

I am the shoot organiser for the Brentwood Wood Pigeon Club. We don’t have a website.
The club has undergone many changes over the past few years with a new committee in place.

We do vet prospective shooters very carefully and the interview to join the club is very intensive. Whether you are an experienced pigeon shooter, or a novice, everyone gets treated the same. You will also be required to undergo trial shoots if accepted into the club.
Prospective members must be able to shoot Monday to Friday and undertake 20 shoots a year, between 1st September and the 31st May. You may also shoot during the summer period, but this will not count towards the 20.

After a two year probation, in which you will be scrutinised, you can apply to shoot at weekends along with the Monday to Friday shoots.

If you wish to be considered to join, I can be contacted on frankharrington@sky.com

Frank & Sue Harrington shoot organisers BWC

4 hours ago, fuff12000 said:

Hello,

I am the shoot organiser for the Brentwood Wood Pigeon Club. We don’t have a website.
The club has undergone many changes over the past few years with a new committee in place.

We do vet prospective shooters very carefully and the interview to join the club is very intensive. Whether you are an experienced pigeon shooter, or a novice, everyone gets treated the same. You will also be required to undergo trial shoots if accepted into the club.
Prospective members must be able to shoot Monday to Friday and undertake 20 shoots a year, between 1st September and the 31st May. You may also shoot during the summer period, but this will not count towards the 20.

After a two year probation, in which you will be scrutinised, you can apply to shoot at weekends along with the Monday to Friday shoots.

If you wish to be considered to join, I can be contacted on frankharrington@sky.com

Frank & Sue Harrington shoot organisers BWC

Blimey that is some criteria just to join a pigeon club, two year probationary period, must be able to shoot Monday to Friday and after the two years of scrutinising then weekends if your face fits. Looks to be well OTT.

dread to think how much the membership fee is.

might one ask why? I can understand the need for say a six month probationary period to learn the ground. 

or am I just out of touch with clubs, as fortunately got my permission by door knocking, would need to be desperate to join BWC, unless you have millions of acres. 

Edited by rbrowning2

On 27/09/2021 at 20:41, rbrowning2 said:

Blimey that is some criteria just to join a pigeon club, two year probationary period, must be able to shoot Monday to Friday and after the two years of scrutinising then weekends if your face fits. Looks to be well OTT.

dread to think how much the membership fee is.

might one ask why? I can understand the need for say a six month probationary period to learn the ground. 

or am I just out of touch with clubs, as fortunately got my permission by door knocking, would need to be desperate to join BWC, unless you have millions of acres. 

I'd say it was to keep fair weather pigeon shooters out - which seems sensible if the club is going to stay on the good side of the farmers who's fields they shoot over.

Edited by PeterHenry

There's an assumption that everyone that wants to join is a retiree, which is quite true of the members i know, but not very representative of the shooting community as a whole, but shooting in this area of Essex is very hard to come by and them's the rules.

A relaxation of those rules would get them lots more members and do the farmers that they serve a distinct favour  

Saturday guns (like me) are ten-a-penny. I can understand the criteria even though it would exclude me: at £3,600 per year to take 20 days off work mid-week, plus any club fee it is a very expensive way to be allowed to shoot pigeon in the winter.

However I like Frank and Sue Harrington’s straight talking. No skulking about, they have simple rules and are happy to publish them. Good on them 👍

Edited by WalkedUp

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

Saturday guns (like me) are ten-a-penny. I can understand the criteria even though it would exclude me: at £3,600 per year plus the club fee it is a very expensive way to be allowed to shoot pigeon in the winter.

However I like Frank and Sue Harrington’s straight talking. No skulking about, they have simple rules and are happy to publish them. Good on them 👍

£3600? Is that a published joining / annual fee?