Brentwood pigeon shooting club

13 hours ago, Fatcatsplat said:

13 hours ago, Fatcatsplat said:

shooting in this area of Essex is very hard to come by and them's the rules.

A shooting club restricting you to Monday to Friday will make it hard to come by if said club have a big % of the land on their books.. will stop alot of people who work. Some people are restricted to weekend shooting because of how the world works. Not because they only want to shoot then, but it's the only time they can. I'd be able to roost shoot in the summer as I do 8-4 but no hope of any hide shooting unless I took leave.

It's fair enough to have rules but maybe not such restrictive ones.

Just now, rbrowning2 said:

Trust  Frank and Sue Harrington’s pay their £7,200 combined annual membership fees wonder what the club do with the money other than paying farmers to shoot their ground.  Guess if it works then so be it.

No, if you read the reply, that figure was notional loss of income based on the quantity of midweek days shooting - it’s not a club fee. Indeed that figure shouldn’t have been intrigued into this thread because it’s misleading and the problem is no one actually reads the correction / explanation 😆

11 minutes ago, Mungler said:

No, if you read the reply, that figure was notional loss of income based on the quantity of midweek days shooting - it’s not a club fee. Indeed that figure shouldn’t have been intrigued into this thread because it’s misleading and the problem is no one actually reads the correction / explanation 😆

Oh stand corrected, thank you, so how much is membership anybody know.

• 7 months later...

Hi all,

we never received notifications of this blog, so apologies.The BWC  has been going strong for over 60 years.

Our fees for joining are below £100 per year, so no idea where £3600 came from. The main reason why our club has been going for so long, is because we are very careful who we take on. We need people who can converse with our farmers, leave a field when asked to do so without argument, which would include antis, who take umbrage to our vermin control activities.

We understand some shooters feel left out because of their working conditions. But, if you can manage 20 shoots per year, shooting Monday to Friday then we could still offer you a place. We are a very strict club and have rules. If you cannot follow rules, then we will not be able to offer you shooting. Once you have passed our interviews and tests, you are then let loose on the many farms we have available. You simply book a farm out and that is yours for the day. Some farms require more than one shooter, because of the vastness and the lay out. Our committee consists of a chairman, a secretary, a treasurer, a mapping officer, a farm liaison officer and two shoot organisers.

As an experienced pigeon shooter, you will know that groundwork is the basis of a good outing. We do not hold back on farms that have been hit by pigeons. We will tell you where the pigeons are. We never ever class vermin control as sport.

We are contactable via email at frankharrington@sky.com. If you wish to be considered for membership, then please use the email giving your name, date of birth, occupation. Please leave a phone number where you can be contacted and we will phone you back. Yes we really will.
Frank & Sue Harrington shoot organisers for the Brentwood wood pigeon club.

On 04/10/2021 at 20:49, WalkedUp said:

Saturday guns (like me) are ten-a-penny. I can understand the criteria even though it would exclude me: at £3,600 per year to take 20 days off work mid-week, plus any club fee it is a very expensive way to be allowed to shoot pigeon in the winter.

However I like Frank and Sue Harrington’s straight talking. No skulking about, they have simple rules and are happy to publish them. Good on them 👍

This is the cause of the confusion. Apologies.