a rats worst night mare

night owl

last week i orderd a 9 inch silencer from hushpower to day it arived in the post so i have fitted it to the 9mm <garden gun> took a little bit of lathing to get it to fit but came with all the instructions was not sure what amount of diffrence it was going to make but the boys at hushpower asured me i would not be dissapointed .to say i have just fired 2 rounds throught it and it still needs more throught it to get the baffles dirty hell i can quite say im defently not disapointed with it .i used to own a AA s410k air rifle which had a silencer on it and it is as quite as that was .now the silencer is fitted its going to open up a whole new world when it comes to rat shooting. for £40 i should have brought one ages ago

post-14237-1264447512.jpg

nice one mate! remember to aim a bit high now though to allow for the thickness of the silencer! ive got a .410 hushpower and cover the target with the end of the barrel, practiced on a couple of tins first!

yer i wont be shooting any where as far as a 410 but will bust some cans in the back garden tommor . have also orderd a led lenser torch with a red filter and mounts and pressure swith to fit to just under the barrel .might even get a laser for it yet lol :good:

I know it sounds daft but how lethal (range and quarry) are these garden guns. Not heard a lot about them. :yes:

They are good for rats up to about 15yds, squirrels 10-15yds they are really like the power of a sub 12ftlb air rifle but the added bonus of having shot so you can take a running rat! great fun used one a lot at one time!

ok rounds are between £8 and £10 per 50 rounds

how lethal are they

first you need to know they are what they are they have one purpose and that's it and that's to kill at close range max range is between 15 and 20 yards and not damage seranding property

the use for these guns are pest control in buildings and rats

if you have feral pigeon roosting in lofts where the shed is asbestos or similar material a air rifle would go clean through the bird and damage the building material once it leaves the bird .a 9mm will not but will dispatch the bird

good for shooting rats around farms and in cattle sheds will leave no damage and the big plus side if you shoot a rat with a air rifle you will end up with blood. shoot it with a 9mm and it is very rare you will end up with a blood stain .

i have taken close range rabbits /rats and pigeon and loads of magpies especially in the garden

i have a air rifle =9mm=410=12 gage guns and the 9mm will always play the part of serious pest control around farm buildings

is the 9mm on a sgc or a fac.

Its a rimfire shotgun, but some of them are so small (the old ones) the barrel is shorter than the required length (someone will know the specifics) so they have to be on a FAC. Carts are about £10 for 50 or something similar, brill for squirrels in orchards where you can get close. Also brill to do some starter 'clays' with a young shot where you throw a tin can up and you hear the pellets hit it!

Edited by Thumpersniper