Wednesday's Apple Developer Conference

Billy.

So for those who already know and or care about Apple products, they've got the Apple conference on Wednesday. It's basically my job to keep an eye on this, so this is why I'm rather excited to chat about it :yes:

I'm 99.999999999999% sure there's an Apple iPad that's going to get released and some leaked images have just made it to the net

155026-tablet_2_2_500.jpg155025-tablet_1.jpg

For those who are interested in the iPhone. There's a 50% chance of the announcement of the iPhone 4G. A good 5 months early, due to the release of the new Google Phone, the Nexus One.

That's my geek chat out the way for one night :)

Edited by harfordwmj

Does look like a nice bit of kit. Some techies were talking about it on the news yesterday but i think their estimates of prices were way out. My contract for my iphone also expires next month but if a 4g is coming out then I think i will hold off. I have jailbreaked my phone now and this has made a massive difference so waiting a few more months is no big deal. I think though that you will get a special discount on upgrades prices like they did with the 3g when the 3gs came out if you get the 3gs now and the 4g comes out.

Off to see if i can find out more about the 4g phone now :yes:

For those who are interested in the iPhone. There's a 50% chance of the announcement of the iPhone 4G. A good 5 months early, due to the release of the new Google Phone, the Nexus One.

No chance that will be announced June/July, their not bothered about the c**p google and nexus phones.

New 4.0 iPhone software yes that should be announced tomorrow.

No chance that will be announced June/July, their not bothered about the c**p google and nexus phones.

New 4.0 iPhone software yes that should be announced tomorrow.

Do you genuinely believe they're not worried about the Nexus One? On paper it has better specs. So they will attempt to better it.

It's all well and good announcing a 4.0 software update, but it'll mean nothing if there's no hardware change.

Ipad very nice but why would you want one? If u have an iPhone and a MacBook pro with a big screen I fail to see why you would need a pad ? Less pocket fitting than the phone and less functionality than the macbook. Seems daft to me but I guess sombody will be drooling over it!

Edited by utectok

More cack for the Apple fan boi's to get their jollies off over. More over-priced, under-featured tat that'll be upgraded in a year's time and they'll STILL buy that too.

Numpties :yes:

Underfeatured is probably the last word I'd use. Why exactly do you say that?

I'd far rather buy a laptop that I know will be out of date in exactly a year, rather than buying one and it's out of date in less than a week...

Yep, but it's really expensive, of course you can "jailbrake" the iphone and do it for free (although it may be illegal) it is in breach of contract though.

It's not offered here at all. There is a way to do it without jailbreaking. I did it to mine for a while but it messes up the visual voicemail. It's not a breach of contract here, they just basically ignore it. I'd just like a supported solution though.

Underfeatured is probably the last word I'd use. Why exactly do you say that?

I'd far rather buy a laptop that I know will be out of date in exactly a year, rather than buying one and it's out of date in less than a week...

Gash cameras and inability to send SMS messages in iPhones, and also no 3G! Yes some of it has been fixed, but the fanboi's still lap up inferior products.

Andy,

Are you saying those are shortcoming of the iphone? I beg to differ but for a camera phone, the iPhone is pretty decent, even in v1.0 phone form. 3G? The new phones are 3G and 3Gs. They've had 3G for a while now and if there is 3G coverage where you are, it is fast. The difficulty in this country is finding 3G coverage. I don't have cell coverage at the house and I'm pretty close to major population areas.

SMS? If you mean standard text messages then you can absolutely send them on any of the iPhones.

I don't see where you're coming from.

Thanks,

Rick

Gash cameras and inability to send SMS messages in iPhones, and also no 3G! Yes some of it has been fixed, but the fanboi's still lap up inferior products.

So your entire opinion of Apple is based around their phone?

Seeing as they've been in the mobile phone industry for about 3 years and they have smashed every other phone producer to consistently hold the number 1 phone, whilst only releasing one phone a year, whereas other companies release 4-10 a year.

SMS, I assume you mean MMS. Mine sends and receives them fine. Camera works a charm and I own a 3Gs (3G might give you an idea that it's 3G)

the princly sum of 360 pounds a year, usually with an 18 month contract. Like I said, its too much

Depends on how you use the phone and how many phone calls you make. When I was in the US and used my cell phone for everything (and had friends in the same country to call on it) I was on a $40 a month plan and I used every minute of it. I'd have gladly taken a free iPhone at $40 a month or even maybe $60 a month. I could see where a 30 quid a month plan isn't unreasonable. Besides, it isn't apple who set the plan. The carrier decides what the plan needs to be. What other phone are you going to get the same user interface and features? There isn't a browser on any of the phones I've tried (not tried android/nexus) that could match the iPhone.

And, it is about disposable income. You could say that Beretta charge too much for their EELL guns. You could say the same about their silver pigeons too. It is all about what you can afford to pay and what you're willing to pay. Given the number of phones that apple has sold, I suspect they are pretty close to the right pricing.

Thanks,

Rick

Like I said, they DIDNT have 3G and MMS ability originally, yet the fanbois still lap it up. Then they realease it and its "ooh looky new feature, yay"..yes, well done for playing catchup. The camera is still dripping poop, low res, awful optics and no video recording ability? tosh.

Still - iPad? Yes, I think naming it after a sanitary towel is a big win... Still no Flash, no pen support, no USB, no multitasking?! - just a giant itouch that won't fit in your pocket? Disappointing. You'd think there'd be an OSX on there with some fancy touch & write facility, but no.

Didn't try hard enough (again), but it won't stop the zealots buying it I guess! Apple's least interesting product since AppleTV.