Tips for a new shooter (Roost Shooting)

Stuart049

yea thats ok hes always with me :blink:

what sort of cabinet do i need? i wont be storing any more than 1 or 2 for a along while but iv herd cartridges need to be kept separate from the guns? can you get cabinets with compartments inside them or do they have to be completely separate?

thanks

Shop around, I would advise that you go for at least a 5 gun cabinet. This may sound excessive but..... it makes getting the guns in and out so much easier. You wont dink them at all!! As for cartridges, they don't need to be kept under lock and key, but as you rightly say, better kept seperately! Your Firelarms Liaison Officer will ask you how you will store etc etc...

Best place for a cabinet is on a load bearing wall, not dot and dash, in say an upstairs location, if the cabinet is hidden by a wardrobe or fitted furniture, even better.

Make sure it is fixed well, because if the FLO gives it a tug and feels it move he will ask you to refix it.

An avereage price for a good cabinet, 5 gun, is IMHO around £130, you can pay a LOT more though.

Kev :blink:

This might be off the subject a little but does anybody else find that clays are harder. I shoot better at live birds than clays. Iam just cr*p at clay pigeon shooting !!!

i am equal at both but dont really shoot clays much.

my dad was a great shot at pigeons, he rarley wasted many shots when decoying even roosting but he was useless at clays

i guess its just what you get use to, ther totally different things!