22rim 30yards fox

Shotgunspud

The last couple of nights I have seen this fox out in the field behind my house when i pull in the drive within the lights!!

I ran in grab the gun and no fox! She is off

Got home last night same time and there she was same again ran in grabed the gun 22rim again no fox starting to get a bit p---ed off now!!

Making my way back to my door when I heard her call not far away, I ran back up to the end of the garden and she was running towards me (god only known's why!) but she wasn't stopping!! so I steadied myself and bang!! head shot down on the spot about 30yards, I traced her tracks to deep tram line! That must have been where she had gone the other nights??

post-10973-1264588049.jpg

But anyway as my mate would say one more less!!

Edited by Shotgunspud

I will ask, How did you get fox on your ticket with a 22 remmy ?

My thoughts precisely. New one on me for fox calibre.

EDIT:- I just spotted that you live just down the road from me in Deal which means you are under Maidstone and the same FEO as me and i don`t have Fox on .22RF only .17hmr and my centrefires for fox.

Edited by CZ550Kevlar

My thoughts precisely. New one on me for fox calibre.

EDIT:- I just spotted that you live just down the road from me in Deal which means you are under Maidstone and the same FEO as me and i don`t have Fox on .22RF only .17hmr and my centrefires for fox.

I have had .22RF fox on mine for over ten years, i dont understand how you are not getting .22 on yours? plus i have spoken to my FA officer and he said it was fine.

Edited by Shotgunspud

I was more concered about the field behind your house- I take it its your permission and as such cleared for use ??

Otherwise Nice shootin Tex :yes:

Les :yes:

Sorry didn't think i needed to add all of that to my post, i have been shooting that feild for years and yes i have been given the ok. shooting is a big part of my life and i would never take an unsafe shot just to kill somthing..... also been shooting for 25years and no what a safe shot is.

I add these post for you all to read ,as i enjoy reading yours, i dont understand why you are poking at them and questioning my judgement. i will make this my last post

dont do that mate as i enjoy reading these post on fox control as we do not have foxes on this island wish we did and also those pesky squirrel we dont have them either

well done on the fox

i find people jump down people necks rather fast on this forum without finding out the facts first

we are all shooters on this forum as we have another hassle in life with out squabbling with other shooters so lets all get on :yes::yes:

Had it on there for ten years now didnt think it was a problem but alot of people have said they cant get it on there's??

Thank you for clearing that up ,my concern was members would read this and assume that a .22 was ok for fox, i am not judging on which caliber should be used as this is up to your FEO but will say most FAC holders or people applying for FAC would not get fox on their ticket, minimum is .17 Hmr around here and i know a fair few shooter that can't get it with the Hmr in their area for fox.

Thank you for clearing that up ,my concern was members would read this and assume that a .22 was ok for fox, i am not judging on which caliber should be used as this is up to your FEO but will say most FAC holders or people applying for FAC would not get fox on their ticket, minimum is .17 Hmr around here and i know a fair few shooter that can't get it with the Hmr in their area for fox.

This is the problem in this country its one law for one county and other eleswhere, same with the airrifle thats on ticket some counties will take it off ticket but most won't, same with the deer law which is different in Scotland as you can use a 223 for Roe but need a 243 in England, it can be very confusing for some shooters and i wish that the goverment whould sort it out so we all know where we stand, anyway nice shooting Shotgunspud as dead fox is a dead fox

Edited by GP1

Sorry didn't think i needed to add all of that to my post, i have been shooting that feild for years and yes i have been given the ok. shooting is a big part of my life and i would never take an unsafe shot just to kill somthing..... also been shooting for 25years and no what a safe shot is.

I add these post for you all to read ,as i enjoy reading yours, i dont understand why you are poking at them and questioning my judgement. i will make this my last post

No don't do that, don't let the buffoons get to you, you did nothing wrong :yes:

Now what exactly was the point of all these questions? As soon as something a little controversial comes up people start being weird about it? Now the poor guy feels like it's not worth the bother of posting! Pointless questions include...

Do you have Fox on your conditions then?... If he didn't he wouldn't have taken the shot!

I take it you have permission to shoot in this field?... Answer the same as above!

Foxes with the .22lr will be an arguement that rages on for ever. Some of us have it, some of us don't. The round is perfectly capable of killing a Fox at close range. Point blank it's been used to put down farm animals for years. If it will kill a Cow what chance does a Fox have? It's not a good Fox calibre but if you're close it works, and he was close.

Lets just be careful we don't put a guy off for doing something that was perfectly legal and humane. I'm not having a go at those who posted the above questions, but just consider that they may be taken out of context when people start questioning the general subject of the post :oops:

jeez going by this thread none of should say we went out for a shot, unless we put up scanned copies of our cert's, permission slips from farmers and full land registry maps (colour coded obviousley) so that the mini hitlers on here can make sure that the shot was safe enough - oh and a couple of referee statements as well i suppose, just to make sure were sensible and know how to use a gun :rolleyes:

come on guys, its one thing having a go at someone who has blatantly done something wrong, but quite another to start making assumptions - wise up a bit :oops:

Carry on posting mate - I enjoyed it!