22rim 30yards fox

Shotgunspud

I will ask, How did you get fox on your ticket with a 22 remmy ?

My thoughts precisely. New one on me for fox calibre.

I was more concered about the field behind your house- I take it its your permission and as such cleared for use ??

What a bunch of begrudgers, never mind the posters with their petty criticisms or probing questions, just looking for an excuse to have a go at you.

Well done on the fox a .22LR is more than capable.

Edited by deeksofdoom

What a bunch of begrudgers, never mind the posters with their petty criticisms or probing questions, just looking for an excuse to have a go at you.

Well done on the fox a .22LR is more than capable.

What is wrong with me making a statement saying "My thoughts precisely. New one on me for fox calibre." As you will notice in my post if you did read it properly i stated that my FEO is the same as Shotgunspud`s and on my ticket i can`t use my .22rf but can use the usual .17hmr and CF`s. Do you have some kind of problem with a statement that is purely asking a valid and genuine question?

First of all well done mate. :good: I reckon there are a bunch of people on here who read through all the threads 'nit picking' at every single post do they can start complaining. Seriously get a life, do you really think this guy would have posted if he knew he was breaking the law?

What is wrong with me making a statement saying "My thoughts precisely. New one on me for fox calibre." As you will notice in my post if you did read it properly i stated that my FEO is the same as Shotgunspud`s and on my ticket i can`t use my .22rf but can use the usual .17hmr and CF`s. Do you have some kind of problem with a statement that is purely asking a valid and genuine question?

I too only asked a question as i have not came across anyone with that granted on their ticket and was interested in knowing how he went about it, i thought thats what it was all about on shooting forums, teaching and learning, i wish i knew everything like some on here :good: and had no reason to ask a questions.

I too only asked a question as i have not came across anyone with that granted on their ticket and was interested in knowing how he went about it, i thought thats what it was all about on shooting forums, teaching and learning, i wish i knew everything like some on here :good: and had no reason to ask a questions.

My apologies for taking you up wrong and categorising you in the same bracket as Les325.

Sorry didn't think i needed to add all of that to my post, i have been shooting that feild for years and yes i have been given the ok. shooting is a big part of my life and i would never take an unsafe shot just to kill somthing..... also been shooting for 25years and no what a safe shot is.

I add these post for you all to read ,as i enjoy reading yours, i dont understand why you are poking at them and questioning my judgement. i will make this my last post

reason being is that some people have nothing better to do. good one on the shot.

PS, maybe we should have two PW band, one being The Pretenders?

I think this thread again just highlights the amount of discrepency inbetween firearm licensing depts, as I've said before my issuing force will not accept anything less than a CF for fox.

But either way, good shot! At that range she had no chance.

Edited by kyska

well done mate :yes: and don't stop posting it's just a bit confusing if you know your area doesn't allow it, you assume no one else's will, i wouldn't take it a personal attack even though the way its written might seem like it, i just think there is a lot of confusion and it needs clearing up there should be one set of rules not a loose guide that each county interprets in there own unique way.

i'm ringing my fa dept to clarify as i have always been under the impression fox were vermin, and my conditions on my ticket are-

a) the lawful shooting of dear;

b)the shooting 0f vermin or, in connection with the management of any estate, other wildlife;

c)the humane killing of animals;

d)the shooting of animals for the protection of other animals or humans

so i would have thought points b and d would cover me for the killing of fox's to protect game and short range head shot would constitute as humane so thats c covered not sure why a is on there though as i'm not aware of any dear you can shoot with a .22lr

well done mate :yes: and don't stop posting it's just a bit confusing if you know your area doesn't allow it, you assume no one else's will, i wouldn't take it a personal attack even though the way its written might seem like it, i just think there is a lot of confusion and it needs clearing up there should be one set of rules not a loose guide that each county interprets in there own unique way.

i'm ringing my fa dept to clarify as i have always been under the impression fox were vermin, and my conditions on my ticket are-

a) the lawful shooting of dear;

b)the shooting 0f vermin or, in connection with the management of any estate, other wildlife;

c)the humane killing of animals;

d)the shooting of animals for the protection of other animals or humans

so i would have thought points b and d would cover me for the killing of fox's to protect game and short range head shot would constitute as humane so thats c covered not sure why a is on there though as i'm not aware of any dear you can shoot with a .22lr

just spoken to the firearms dept at lincoln and they don't generally specify .22lr as a fox calibre but i could send my ticket in with a letter to ask them to add it to my conditions and they may add it or get a variation

I beleave The 22 is more than capable of killing a fox at that range and more if ur a capable shot. But it is ryt it does not look good on paper I'd still rather use a 17 hmr.

Ps i don't think FAO wood let me have it for a fox n a wouldn't ask any way

cheers LL

I can understand what your saying mate :yes: , but if i was not a 100% i would not of shot.

Sorry didn't think i needed to add all of that to my post, i have been shooting that feild for years and yes i have been given the ok. shooting is a big part of my life and i would never take an unsafe shot just to kill somthing..... also been shooting for 25years and no what a safe shot is.

I add these post for you all to read ,as i enjoy reading yours, i dont understand why you are poking at them and questioning my judgement. i will make this my last post

They are not poking at your post Shotgun dont take it so badly they all mean well they are only trying to draw your attention to the possible problems you may face advertising that you have shot a fox in your area with a 22 as the police can be abit fussy about foxing on that calibre and other people have been told no in your area.

They dont want to be seen to be supporting something that "could" be illegal (ie shooting something not on your ticket, or over land you have no permission on) nor do they want you to be in trouble or to bring the forum into disrepute (anti's will use anything) they are just trying to help you by making you respoond to their question indicating the justification for the calibre and shot to prevent the questions in the first place (i know its galling but in this world full of anti's and members of the RSPB *god bless them* we all have to get used to the idea of justifying ourselves and our actions in order to retain our licenses and protect our rights to shooting)

Edited by JamesLeic

That the fox looks extermely dead to me which shows that the .22LR is well capable of humanely killing a fox as long as it is within a reasonable range and the shot is placed in the right spot! The fact that "some" forces will authorise a RF for foxes is good enough for me, I can't understand why there is no "standardisation" between all of the different area forces. All I will say is that if you do not have Fox mentioned on your RimFire conditions and do chose to shoot a fox then "maybe" it would be better not to mention what caliber you shot old Charlie with. As the saying goes "What the mind doesn't know the heart will not grieve (Sp) over"!

By the way - Nice shot, like you say, "One less to worry about"! :oops: