NORTH VS SOUTH CHARITY CLAY DAY

ME

Make a donation here - http://www.justgiving.com/pigeonwatch

SET DATE IS SET FOR THIS CLAY SHOOTING COMPETITION

IT'S SATURDAY 29th MAY 2010

---------------------------------------------------------------

The general idea will be -

* The charity will be Great Ormond Street Childrens Charity

* This event has been cleared by the Moderators and will be supported officially by Pigeon Watch

* This event will be open to CURRENT Pigeon Watch members only

* The cost to shooters will be a total of £50.00 with £10.00 of this going directly to the charity (the other £40.00 is what Hodnet charge per person)

* Money will be IN ADVANCE, no one will turn up and shoot on the day.

* It will the Saturday 29th May

* It will be at Hodnet Shooting Ground in the West Midlands - >WEBSITE HERE<

* The shoot competition will be over 100 birds. The ground will supply the scorers and calculate the placements.

* Meet at 8am onwards

* Bacon roll and tea / coffee at 9am (included in price)

* Start shooting at 10am

* Squads of around 8 people will be arranged as people turn up, there will be NO waiting around as this high quality ground is not open to the public.

* Each squad will have their own guide and scorer - whose decision is final

* The highest TEN scores from all the shooters for the North and South will be added up and the highest total team score will will the day

* There will be a charity raffle at the end of the day. We have already been pledged some prizes but will need more - PM me please

* There will be a prizegiving and announcement and time for banter at the end of the shoot

* It will finish AROUND 1pm or 2pm approximately depending on numbers.

This event has the potential to be the BIGGEST Pigeon Watch gathering ever.

If we get 50 shooters turn up that's £500.00 to the kids at Great Ormond Street before the charity raffle even starts. (we had 21 people at a small gathering in Essex at Xmas!)

Hodnet Shooting Ground is not open to the public and is considered by many to be the best shooting ground in the country.

This is a day for people from all over the country to come together, put faces to Avatars, share stories, have a laugh and raise some money for a good cause.

---------------------------

I have made up some FAQs which I will add to as the questions come up -

Q - Can my mate who isnt a Pigeon Watch member come ?

A - All participants have to be current members of Pigeonwatch

Q - Is there a minimum number of shooters you need to make this happen ?

A - NO. The ground will run the day at the same price for anything from 10 - 100 + shooters

Q - Why are you organising this ME ?

A - I was cajoled by Tosspot, I reckon that the South will win and I think it is a good cause. I stand to gain nothing financially, I will organise it for the love of PW !

Q - What are the auction / raffle prizes ?

A - So far

** £50.00 of UK Shootwarehouse vouchers donated by Pigeonwatch **

** A days clay coaching in the North West donated by a PW member **

** £200.00 towards a prize donated by a PW member **

** A hand made priest made and donated by Bazooka Joe **

** 2 Rifle Bags made and donated by Bazooka Joe **

** Proper Trophy Silver Plated donated by Neil of Clearcut Engraving **

** SAF-T-PLUGS donated for raffle by MC **

** Copy of Attack State Red signed by Colonel Richard Kemp donated by a PW member **

** 250 shotgun cartridges donated by MSC Joinery Design **

** A hand turned English hardwood priest made and donated by Malkiserow **

** 250 shotgun cartridges donated by Navigator Travel Insurance **

** 12 x 8 Framed colour pastal portrait of your dog/pet/horse/cat etc which will be created and donated by jmc1981 **

** A weekends guided pigeon shooting in Norfolk donated by a PW member **

** 6 packs of Moulton Brown goodies donated by a PW member **

** A full blown guided pigeon shooting day for two guns in Suffolk donated by Anglia Sporting **

** 2 BRAND NEW Barbour coats - both in large donated by a PW member **

** A BRAND NEW 5kw multi fuel stove and 1 mtr of flue pipe donated by a PW member **

** A BRAND NEW Remington cleaning kit in a mahogany box, contains kit for cleaning .22 to .30 cal rifles, 28/20/16/12/10 bore shotguns. donated by a PW member **

** Bottle of Famous Grouse donated via ME / Mung from Hutton & Shenfield 41 club **

** Bottle of Glenfiddich single malt whiskey from a PW member **

** A days guided pigeon shooting In Lincolnshire for 1 or 2 guns at harvest time donated by a PW member **

** A bottle of scotch donated by a PW member **

** A brand new 3 D cell maglite torch with batteries donated by a PW member **

** A brand new Petzl Tikka Plus Headtorch with batteries donated by a PW member **

** A bottle of Gordons sloe gin donated by a PW member **

** A cigar humidor in the shape of a shotgun cartridge donated by Gamebore **

** A brand new Gamebore skeet vest size XL donated by Gamebore **

** A bottle of Jack Daniels donated by Norgas **

** A gunslip, cartridge bag and wellie boot bag donated by BASC **

** A fine bottle of German Schnapps donated by a PW member **

** A heavy duty Yuasa 12 volt 17 Amp pigeon magnet battery donated by Webber **

** A selection of sea lures and jigs (sea fishing gear) donated by a PW member **

** Pigeonwatch badges donated by Teal **

** A days boat fishing for bass, roker, or smoothound off the Norfolk coast or a day's boat fishing for pike on the Norfolk Broads. (Date to be arranged by mutual agreement) donated by a PW member **

** A brand new Deerhunter fleece waistcoat in size XXL donated by a PW member **

There are many other ideas being suggested too, keep them coming chaps :oops:

More to come (PM me if you can donate some prizes, I will be twisting arms - so offer before you are asked)

Q - Why do I have to pay up front ?

A - We will have to pay the ground in advance and it will be wayyy too complicated any other way

Q - I dont shoot clays much, is this going to be really tough and serious ?

A - There will be challenging targets but this is a FUN event, from all the other PW meets I have been on I can guarantee you will enjoy it.

Q - If I pay my money and change my mind or something comes up can I get a refund ?

A - This is a charity event, we are all grown ups, if you cant commit, dont pay, any entrance fee that is paid and not used will be donated to the charity. NO REFUNDS. (It's harsh I know)

Q - Are there hotels nearby ?

A - Yes there are some >NEARBY< and there are a Travel Inn and a Travel Lodge within 10 miles of the ground.

Q - Can I get a full English and some lunch etc?

A - You will get a tea or coffee and a bacon roll / sarnie included in the entrance fee. There are refreshments and some snacks available at other times but there is not a cafe for dining there.

Q - I once had a bit of a ding dong with ANOTHER PW member on here, can I turn up and cause trouble ?

A - This is a charity event and a good excuse for olive branches, hugs and laughs. What happens on the forum, stays on the forum for this day. :lol::rolleyes:

Q - Can I come and just spectate ?

A - The ground is not open to the public and spectators are not wanted on the stands. If you dont have a gun, I am sure we can sort something out.

Q - I am from the North but live in the South, I live in Scotland / Ireland etc, etc - who will I shoot for ?

A - I would assume that most people know in their heart of hearts where they hail from, shoot for who you want, it's a fun day !

Q - I cannot make the day but would like to contribute by donating a prize or money to the charity fund how do I do that ?

A - We have a Just Giving account >>> HERE <<< where you can make a donation and cheer on your chosen team !!! If you have a prize to donate to the auction please PM me.

-------------------

Please register your support here.

If you are interested and want to support me with this please add a link to this post to your forum signature ,

We need to get the word round.

If you want to give me any feedback or even want to lend a hand. Please send your ideas by PM to me.

THANK YOU

ME :lol:

Edited by ME

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A more refined post along these lines will be made once overall interest is established :oops:

As we are up north will the entrance fee include a nice northern lass? Its been years since I have tasted hard skin.

On a serious note what about trying to get a splash in one of the shooting mags as well for a bit of exposure to the charity?

Also whats the latest date for entrants, because at the present i dont know if im free and if i can get there ill know nearer the time , but in wanna know whats the latest.

Beretta

This post is just to gather the potential numbers only at the moment.

Once interest has been established we will have a poll for the date.

Once that date has been set I will start taking payments.

It will be easy for most blokes to get a pass off the missus once we have a date :oops:

Start sneaking some cash into the car / shed / gun safe now.

Once the date is set I will post a latest date.

Having not been there before.....

i have difficulty walking any sort of distance, whats it like for getting around?

shaun

Hi Shaun,

I am from the land of Billericay Dicky, white socks and XR3i's so havent had the pleasure of shooting this ground yet.

Maybe one of the other guys will come along and answer this for you. I would hope that a ground like this would be accessible for all.

If nobody answers tonight I will call the lady at Hodnet again tomorrow.

ME :good:

Coincidence would have it that I have the 13th of March off work and seeing as Sainsbury's are about as flexible as a thick iron bar when it comes to having time off then it would be ideal if it was on that date and I will make absolutely every effort to make it!

I shall infiltrate the Northern contingent with my flat cap and borrowed whippet and tame racing pigeon before blowing my cover by kicking their ***** when it comes down to the shooting. :good:

There is a chance I will be driving by then so I could possibly make it without requiring the use of Dad's taxis!

FM :no:

As we are up north will the entrance fee include a nice northern lass? Its been years since I have tasted hard skin.

On a serious note what about trying to get a splash in one of the shooting mags as well for a bit of exposure to the charity?

I would need permission from PW if we mention their name but yes I will submit some press releases after the event to the shooting rags

to let them know what us kind folk have done :good:

Hopefully I can make it, but so far i'm dissapointed by the lack of norffff v saaaaaf top quality harsh banter flying around....

Those Northerners know when they are beat Libs.

All they'll be bringing is flat caps and plenty of hot air with them :good: