NORTH VS SOUTH CHARITY CLAY DAY

ME

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'm deffo in for this one provided the date fits..!! :no:

Well done to ME for taking on the hassle of organising the event, it will be a goodun, Hodnet is THE best ground in the Country for Sporting clays, you will not be disappointed, and hopefully we can raise some money for a worthwhile cause.

See you all there, (obviously I'll be shooting for the Saaarf team, alongside many born losers like MC, but, hey ho, you have to take the rough with the smooth..!!) :good:

Cat.

Having not been there before.....

i have difficulty walking any sort of distance, whats it like for getting around?

shaun

As with most it will depend on the date but I'm up for this and :good::no: to ME for the idea and the hassle of organising this. I'm sure I can rustle up some things for the raffle, black pudding steamer, special flat cap iron, whippet fettler, you know useful stuff.

Shaun4860, there is a gentle uphill slope of approx. 150 yards from the car parking field to the clubhouse. The ground itself has very sandy paths (I think it was once a sand or sandstone quarry) again uphill on a gentle slope with the furthest stand about 4 or 500 yards from the clubhouse. With the format being squadded it depends were your squad starts but the staff are very obliging and I'm sure they will run you up to the furthest most stand in the mule they use around the ground then it is a relatively gentle walk back down around the (usually 14) stands which, depending on the squad size, will take you about 2.5 to 3.5 hours to complete.

Hope to see a big PW turnout from the North, fairplay to ME for going for arguably the No1 ground in the UK.

Mr Potter

Hope to see a big PW turnout from the North, fairplay to ME for going for arguably the No1 ground in the UK.

Mr Potter

Thanks Mr Potter, I will admit to having guidance on the choice of ground.

I enjoy the social side of shooting and I am looking forward to shooting a top class ground and having a craic with all the chaps on here :good:

I will be there :good:

Me can they organise a pool shoot ? maybe do it with a 410 just to add a bit of fun to it , i can supply the 410 :no:

Add a bit extra to the price and make some more money for the charity :yes:

That or hold a pump action challenge.

I like the idea of a couple of spin off other shooting things to do

I will be there :good:

Me can they organise a pool shoot ? maybe do it with a 410 just to add a bit of fun to it , i can supply the 410 :no:

Add a bit extra to the price and make some more money for the charity :lol:

haahaha, lets get the practice in :yes::hmm::lol:

Yep I'm in.

And as it is a charity event I won't even thump Cat when I see him for his born loser comment

MC

It says "many born losers" so we are all included there. It's Cat's way of saying that he is looking forward to it :good:

Cat has been, and is, supporting this event along with Beretta in the North.

Let's all keep this thread fun and friendly, we want to keep it upbeat and positive.

Cheers

Matt

Edited by ME

MC

It says "many born losers" so we are all included there. It's Cat's way of saying that he is looking forward to it :yes:

Cat has been, and is, supporting this event along with Beretta in the North.

Let's all keep this thread fun and friendly, we want to keep it upbeat and positive.

Cheers

Matt

Absolutely spot on, let's make this a great event. :no:

A few other points:

Hodnet do have a pool shoot layout, right by the clubhouse, (I wouldn't want to shoot it with a .410 though, they're not easy birds :good: )

The ground is quite hilly in parts, transport can be arranged for the less mobile with the ground in advance.

You can shoot any cartridge up to 28 gram load, shot size 6.5 to 9, felt or plaswads are OK.

Here is a website for the ground, gives location and other useful info for those who have not been before.

http://www.wmsg.co.uk/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

Let's hope for a great day..!!

Cat.