self loading

Yorkshire Pudding

My dad and i homeloaded last year. My dad had all the stuff from before i was born because he stoped shooting, I dont think it's economical it doesnt talk to long to load what you need The price of shot i terible because of the price to post it and the power is about £18 and the primers £2.50 i think for 250. I like using homeloads you get satisfaction from bringing a bird down with your own cartrige. The winchester AAA and GB are good cartriges to load. Could get a cheap loader out of ebay. saw a lee load all for £10 there

I've never done it but i've seen the bits in my local gunshop for sale and as egnwt said it didnt seem like a huge saving to me + quite time consuming i would think.I suppose if you shoot big loads ie geese alot it might be different,i wonder how much bismuth or the other non-toxic shot costs?I know people who reload there own rifle ammunition but then thats expensive stuff and they can tailor make it to suit there own setup,they do say its quite satisfing.

To home load it cost around 100/1000. I started loading my own to get subsonic game loads for my Hushpower. However when i got trhe machine it came with powder for about 4000 rounds, primers for 400, shot for 500. and wads the same.

The cases last for between 2 and 6 reloads, gamebore blue dimond are one of the best cases.

For most types of shooting it costs more to load your own, and you hace all the hassel. ocasionaly I get duff ones where the end of the cartridge is slightly belled or the base has not resized properly, these jam!