Has anyone had

neil

Can anyone beat this today?Faffed about all morning,phoned one of the farms at dinner time who have been on about "thousands of crows in thier yard/silage pit"got the usual go were you thinks best help yourself, sort of answer from the farmers wife.Arrived at about 12.30/1.00,about 200 prize winning cows in and around yard/crows,decided to try a field of stubble that hasnt been ploughed,couldnt drive near it as a holiday maker/rambler had blocked the track with his car,walked about 3/4 mile with all the gear uphill kneedeep in mud,arrived at field not a bird in sight,decided to set up anyway as i needed a sit down,sat down for about an hour saw nothing,packed up and decided to try a field as near as i dared to the yard with the intention of drawing a few birds from the main flock,slid 3/4 of a mile down hill knee deep in mud and found out my boots leek,set up under a large gorse bush and waited,nothing,fired a shot to try and move them round a bit,a pair flew over i stood up to fire and a load of prickels from the gorse bush went down the back of my neck,missed both barrels,missed another two in a similar way and decided to go home.My feet and fingers have only just come back to life and i've got mud in places i didnt know existed :P  :(

Same story.  Was told that the pigeons were on the rape now.  [some snow here].  Set up and waited.  Pigeons were in a tree at the opposite end of the field.  Went round and walked them off.  They flew to some adjacent parkland, then flew back to the tree, looking at the rape, but not going down to it.  Didn't get a thing, not even a crow!