Pigeon Feathers

Browning GTS

I know ive posted this before, but remember that use for plucked breast feathers from pigeons. Starting soon now ( we have already had some taken), is to leave them out for birds to use as nesting material, we found last year that it was going almost as fast as we were putting it out.

We feed wild birds alot and it is just a bit more use for a shot pigeon :drinks:

I just sling the whole pigeon out in the field behind my house, hawks are soon on it plucking the bird and taking the meat, the smaller birds pickup the plucked feathers then mr fox comes along at night and takes the carcass away for me.

Recycling at it best.!! :good:

I just sling the whole pigeon out in the field behind my house, hawks are soon on it plucking the bird and taking the meat, the smaller birds pickup the plucked feathers then mr fox comes along at night and takes the carcass away for me.

except you're killing the hawks if you used lead shot in your cartridges :good:

except you're killing the hawks if you used lead shot in your cartridges :beer:

If i`m shooting for selling to a game dealer i use lead shot, if i`m shooting and planning to sell to the local zoo or just to control numbers i use steel shot, also doing it this way balances out my outlay on cartridges as i can save money on steel cartridges to buy my favourite lead cartridges.

So i`m just making the hawks ever so slightly heavier and probably unbalancing them makin them fly in circles due to excess weight.