Weekend plans ?

Cranfield

I,ve been out nearly every day this week.

Despite a nice overcast sky and strong winds today, there weren,t many birds on "my" farm.

My constant attention to them this week, probably had something to do with it. ???

Are you going this weekend ?

What are your plans ?

The weather could be good, depends where you are, of course.

I have a syndicate game shoot tomorrow,a day of rest on Sunday, then back to the grind of fishing and shooting next week. :P

Its a hard life. :(

I dont know how you manage it Cranfield :P .It depends on the weather a bit tomorrow,if it isnt to bad we will be making the most of whats left of the ferreting seasion,if its really bad it will be DTL clay shooting,then sunday morning its 50 bird sporting and afternoon im not sure about yet,but i expect it will be either a tad more shooting or maybe a bit of fishing :(

Turned up at the 2 fields as requested,one was deserted but the other had birds on it and plenty in the trees around it.So far so good but as the birds were in a part of the field that was hard to get at ,we went to the farm to see if there was an easier way in.Told by farmer,s wife that we couldnt shoot there as a pheasant shoot would be taking place also her hubby who had asked us to go was on the shoot.Spent the rest of the morning looking for alternative shooting with a grand bag of four.Not the day we anticipated!  :P

???  :(  :(  

Still we did obtain some valuable information.

Remember the question about ; another farmer sowing crops on our shoot . Well after meeting our farmer, he said we were OK to carry on shooting over those crops.

Job sorted

Looking forward to good shooting over BEANS.

:P  :(  ???

After todays (dire) performance, I'm going to the local shooting ground tomorrow, to break a few clays.

At least they arrive when i shout PULL and I stand a fair chance of hitting some of them...

Even the missus took the p&ss tonight - 'what you spent all day in the cold, sitting under a piece of netting and spending all that money on that silly wirly decoy thing and you didn't even shoot one bird' (aghhh!!!!)

Next weekend will be better planned!