llandegla sporting

beretta

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**** me, that was a bit of a tough one :ermm:

I found it very enjoyable but quite unforgiving. I heard a lot of grumbling about it being too hard, and that was from top shots :P

Scores on the doors (out of 120) :oops:

Beretta - 86 :lol: Nearly had you this time :lol:

Mr Potter - 84 Well shot Mr P. I know you weren't over the moon with it, but it weren't an easy one :P

Chard - 83 Better than I thought I'd done :P

Anni - 77 Well shot chap. Steady Eddie :lol:

Magman - 69 Shot the hard stuff really well and ***** up some easy stuff :good:

WhiskyMac - 49 Well shot on your first comp, Scott. That was a bit of a tough intro to comp shooting :good:

Maglad - 39 42 Some great shooting with the 12g :lol::D:w00t::good::D:lol::good:

I'll be very interested to see what sort of scores were achieved there today, because there was a lot of complaining going on :P

Edited by Chard

Dont worry to much about it IanE, Its character building stuff is what I reckon. will make the other shoots seem easier :yes:

Was a pretty tuff shoot but most enjoyable :good: left feeling I could have done better and could have done alot worse.

I set off on fire but had a few bad stands mid way but other than that I can't complain.

Some exellent shooting from the Lads, and it all adds to the experience gained.

Thought I had beretta today :hmm: we were neck and neck at half way mark (I counted the scores) which made me panic and start to miss. :)

Next time :good:

graham stirzaker won today with a 103. (86%) not a big score eh :good::good:

Not a great score for him, but still pretty tidy shooting on that course. :yes:

Do you know what David Hughes, Martin Myers and Kevin Mayor got?

I can't make my mind up if that was registered or not :hmm:

The CPSA website says it was open, the Llandegla site says it was registered and some bloke told me today that it wasn't registered :)

Edited by Chard

I can't make my mind up if that was registered or not :hmm:

The CPSA website says it was open, the Llandegla site says it was registered and some bloke told me today that it wasn't registered :)

I thought that was one of the toughest ESP shoots I have ever shot, tougher than anything I have shot a Hodnet but in a perverse way I enjoyed it :good::yes:

A lot of the targets wouldn't have been out of place at a FITASC championship, if a shooter of the ability of GS wins with 86%, especially with shooters like Kevin, Martin, Brian (don't know if Dave Hughes shot it as I think he set it up) etc in the field, you can be sure it wasn't a stroll in the woods!! An awful lot of local 100 birders recently have been won with a 98.

Personally I thought I hit a reasonable share of the toughies, not enough admittedly, on stand 7 (or was it 5?) the whole squad missed the 2nd bird of a report pair a low fast quartering away bird ;):hmm: A tough shoot like that just reinforces the need to kill ALL the easy stuff and hit enough of the hard ones. The squad I shot on (all A or AA class) all missed too many of the "easy" birds, the squad finished on 91 (AA), 88 (A), 84 (A), 81 (A) and 7? (AA) and the guy who finished on 81 blanked a stand completely.

When I think of some of the "less difficult" birds I missed today :/ :( I should of put at least another 10 or 12 on my score which might have seen me pick up in A class.

Chard, I was under the impression it was registered, the ground was using the CPSA software to run the computerised results. If they don't appear on the CPSA website they might be on Llandegla's site and if that fails we'll have to ring the ground and ask for them to be e-mailed.

Hey Ho roll on next week :good:

Mr Potter

mr p. dave has nothing to do with the ground now so did not put the targets on. i spoke to him as he was shooting round though and he said he shot a hard fitasc yesterday that was easier than this one.

one if the lads who works their put the targets on today.

think he was on something. :):good::good:

I thought that was one of the toughest ESP shoots I have ever shot, tougher than anything I have shot a Hodnet but in a perverse way I enjoyed it :look: :look:

A lot of the targets wouldn't have been out of place at a FITASC championship, if a shooter of the ability of GS wins with 86%, especially with shooters like Kevin, Martin, Brian (don't know if Dave Hughes shot it as I think he set it up) etc in the field, you can be sure it wasn't a stroll in the woods!! An awful lot of local 100 birders recently have been won with a 98.

Personally I thought I hit a reasonable share of the toughies, not enough admittedly, on stand 7 (or was it 5?) the whole squad missed the 2nd bird of a report pair a low fast quartering away bird :hmm::hmm: A tough shoot like that just reinforces the need to kill ALL the easy stuff and hit enough of the hard ones. The squad I shot on (all A or AA class) all missed too many of the "easy" birds, the squad finished on 91 (AA), 88 (A), 84 (A), 81 (A) and 7? (AA) and the guy who finished on 81 blanked a stand completely.

When I think of some of the "less difficult" birds I missed today :/ :( I should of put at least another 10 or 12 on my score which might have seen me pick up in A class.

Chard, I was under the impression it was registered, the ground was using the CPSA software to run the computerised results. If they don't appear on the CPSA website they might be on Llandegla's site and if that fails we'll have to ring the ground and ask for them to be e-mailed.

Hey Ho roll on next week :good:

Mr Potter

Interesting write-up Mr P. :good:

I must be slightly perverse, because I enjoyed it too :P

That would be Mark on 91 I would hazard a guess.

I was always under the impression it was registered, but I wonder if they thought they would deregister it quickly, rather than turn non-member shooters away, after what happpened to Catton Hall. There didn't seem to be that many entrants, maybe they wanted to keep the numbers up. Mind you, I reckon that red/white hand painted sign on the gate might have said registered, I just can't remember. We'll see.