Memorable days

One shot wonder

What is your most memorable days pigeon shooting?

Mine is my first real days decoying. Me and my dad set up on the edge of a wood, the crop we were shooting was rape stubble and i used a dozen shell decoys. We were at the top of a big hill and i remember being amazed at the way the birds just turned in the air and fell into the pattern. although i only shot four birds and my dad only ten that trip sticks in my mind more than any other.

I remember one day in particular, we were shooting a pasture field that contained a bit of clover, it was a frosty windless day. We shot a few at first light and then it went dead. At arround lunchtime the frost cleared off the field allowing the birds to see the decoy spread and they dropped in from miles up, every bird in the area just seemed hell bent on getting shot, this crazy performance lasted for about 90 minutes and we finished with just short of 50. Considering that half an hour before the frost cleared we nearly packed up it seemed to make the day even more enjoyable.

My most memerable day was not pigeon shooting but pheasents, I shot the first and only of ther first drive, and after lunch got my first left and right, all my dad and i accounted for nearly 30 of 80 :(

My best pigeon day was where we went roost shooting, my dad had a .22, and i my 20 bore. After an hour or so a pair of foxes popped out, he whispered "me first", and put one throught the firsts head, i put one barrle into the seconed. Suddenly a third ran out of the cover this was (no joke) the size of a big black lab, i put my second barrle into it and he put a 22 into it. Wow all that action in 45 seconds!!! No pigeons that day though :P

my most memerable day pigeon shooting was 9 years ago when i was 6years old it was a very hot summers day and we were shooting on some stubble in a bale hide the size of a large shed. it was my first ever day pigeon shooting and will always stay in my memory the birds came in all day consistently and i remember watching my dad shooting not knowing i was going to have to wait another 5years untill i had my own gun. the bit that stands out the most in my memory is when the roof fell in on us both.it was a fantastic day which resulted in about 70 birds i think.    :P  :(

Guest flightline

Mine was in Scotland last year. I was in a covert on a hill. You could see for miles due south. It was a bright cold day in April ( actually the end of March-sorry for the literary allusion) and the clocks were (of course) striking 13. No rotor, 12 shell decoys, and they kept coming in from miles around. 51. I was over the moon, Brian. :P I`ve only ever had one other day like it since.