Best Multi Shot Precharged pistol?

mimic

hmmm wonder if i should tell him i know someone at the club selling a crossman 600. its not rocket science to find these for sale, just google it :rolleyes:

as for the wolf now there is a pistol you can be proud of though never seen the pistol version but have seen the rifle :) day of the jackel comes to mind :)

ROB :o

any chance of the contact details for the seller?

You could try for a Harper Wolf pistol. Again secondhand only and rarer than the 600.

Cant find any info on this one I tried all the usual search engines google etc but nothing ;) any info apreciated

Aeron, Steyr, Hammerli, Morini, Feinwerkbau, Anschutz, baikalinc

Seems to be the same story everywhere Super cool looks but only 177 (low power)

Yet the one ugly gun i dont like is Exactly right on everything else :) irony

Edited by mimic

There were only a handful of Harper wolf pistols ever made. An ad on the airgunbbs would be the best place to start but you have a better chance of seeing the popes **** than finding one.

Hah :rolleyes: Well thats an awfull shame ;) I am really at a loss now i have looked at every manafacture i can find and im still unable to beat the Fn8 except with a crossman 600, I have seen a couple go but beaten to both, The only thing that wrroies me with one of these is the Age and spares situation , are they prown to breaking?

is there anything i should be aware of or look out for if i manage to find one , like common faults or problems they suffer from (tell tail signs of a bad gun)

I had one break on me. It was unfixeable by one of the countries top 600 experts and was scrap value (£50). It gave no sign of going until it failed. Nothing to look for other than usual signs of wear and tear. If possible get the owner to put a couple of mags through it to proove it cycles without too many jams.

hmm 400 is alot of money to have Breaking :rolleyes: anyidea what exactly went wrong onit? sorry to ask i know that must have been an Extreamly unpleasnt thing to have happen after spending that kind of money, i hope you atleast got a whiles use out of it?

Edited by mimic

This falcon is SO UGLY Surely there is a better looking full power precharged pistol? There mustbe other makes?

At this point im prepared to consider single Shot But it has got to look the NUTS

Does such a thing even exist or am i stuck with this ugly peace of <censored>

Edited by mimic

so i take it the gun shop you ordered the falcon pistol from is very happy with you, now that you cancelled it? :)

or did you actually go against the advise offered on here and buy what you wanted to?

get on google and find your self a dealer in the states who will be willing to ship to this country, they do exist and are easy to find. so quit yer moaning and get on with it LOL pistols it dosnt really matter which Co2 version you order from the states as they are all pretty low powered, check out the crocked barn for some rather ncie crossman pistols and rifles

ROB :lol:

Edited by roblade

well the only other gun sujested is the crossman 600 wich is a big risk it could naff up an leave me with a big loss. 40 years is a long time for a gun to wear, specialy a semi auto, I dred to think how many pellets it must have fired B)

The co2 pistols your sujesting can be baught anyware , there are stacks of them here but they are "pants" even the best only knocks a couple of flbs, I had a look at some of the Single stroke pnumatics but again its the same story 3.4 ft lbs, the only co2 pistol i would even give the time of day to is the 600 as its almost legal power but as i said the fact that it could just break on me when its cost 2 or 300 quid is not a risk im happy with, plus its gunner cost a bomb in CO2 bulbs.

to my knowledge there is only one other type of gun thats any good as a pistol and thats a multi stroke but i already have one of these (Xman 1322). Sure it does the full power ands its pritty acurate But i have to spend a good minute pumping it between shots. wich really affects how steady my hand is lol

I cant attempt to shoot anything less than 6 ftlbs at the range i use it just wont make it, the woden backtop on the tagets will mean it just bounces off, it needs to atleast mark the target

and the only other option is a springer Wich well , I point blank refuse to own sping guns. i wont even touch gas ram, if it isnt Air pnuematic then i dont really want it

I am expecting 25 yards from it wich is alot to ask from an air pistol especialy on a firearms range where the targets have been back stoped for LR

Really ithe FN8 is my only option :lol: but as i have stated it is a VERY UGLY GUN :lol:

Edited by mimic

i think you might be asking a little too much from a pistol.

they are desinged for 10M max to even try to get a grouping on an A4 sheet at 25 yards is pretty wishfull thinking.

with my daisy 717 i can get a decent grouping of sub 1" at 15 yards. I cant even match that with the 600!!!! the 600 is a fast fire fun pistol but its accuracy leaves a lot to be desired LOL

if your trying to hit a target 25 yards away using a pistol with open sites the best accuracy you could look for would be approx 6-10 inches and that would be using a red dot or pistol scope

just becasue you want to do somehting does not mean you will be abel to get something to do it.

25 yards is into the realms of the rifle 5-10 yards any pistol would do the job.

if you want something custom made for you check out the crooked barn web site they do a lot of work on crossman pistols and they are willing to export to the UK but your still not going to get accuracy using open sites

ROB B)

i think you might be asking a little too much from a pistol.

if your trying to hit a target 25 yards away using a pistol with open sites the best accuracy you could look for would be approx 6-10 inches and that would be using a red dot or pistol scope

just becasue you want to do somehting does not mean you will be abel to get something to do it.

25 yards is into the realms of the rifle 5-10 yards any pistol would do the job.

ROB :lol:

yeh, i am Asking a hell of alot from it B) probably way to much like you say

But the range is a fixed 25 yard nothing i can do about it, I was planning to use a Laser site as i think its my Best chance, i will set it up by putting the gun in a vice and using a spoter scope to track the laser to the hole, that is asuming it can make a hole lol . I know i will not be looking at the pin point acuracy of a rifle , But if i can atleast hit somewhere near the midle of the 6" targets il be happy enough, even 8" would do atleast then i could enter in the BP pistol shooting comps with half a chance.

Anyidea what the best grouping I could expect from it setup that way on a laser would be?

Edited by mimic

i thikn the falcon would be capable of sub 2" groupings at that distance if it is held in a clamp but it does have a fair kick to it when they run at the high power (4+F/lbs) not to mention the low number of shots.

but when you shoot a pistol that way it detracts from the whole reason of having a pistol.

at 25 yards the best option would be a decent scope mounted on it 4x maybe even as high as 6x but you wont stand much chance of using it free standing with a scope like that.

the lazer you choose would have to be a high quality one or it will keep loosing its zero and the dot wil be too big, have used lasers on pistols and they really are a waste of time, if you want accuracy.

ROB B)

with my cp88 (competition model) i can hit a shot gun shell at 15 yards 7 out of 8 shots using open sites bench rested and single action and at 25 yards can get 4" group bench rested, again using open sites.

trying the same with the falcon pistol i had similar results using a 3x scope bench rested.

ROB B)

if the gun is Physicaly caperbull of a grouping that tight then im atleast in with a chance all be it slim.

i notice you say "Dot to big" i have had a few lasers some of wich have indeed gone wrong and naffed up quickly, they start giving you a huge great 1+" dot!!

are there any other siting options i could consider that might give me half a chance?

Ps: thanks for the help. will have a look at some 3x scopes.

Edited by mimic

at 25 yards the best option would be a decent scope mounted on it 4x maybe even as high as 6x but you wont stand much chance of using it free standing with a scope like that.

you mean apart from the pistol scopes?

none that i know of.

but a high quality laser would do the job, just that it could cost as much as the pistol B)

Ok now that i have that all sorted there is just one other thing you lot maybe able to help me with...

Now then, what can i do about the "Peace of Banister" Stock :< Dose anyone know of an alternative that will fit , or any kind of (composite) stocks that can be adapted for it?

This is the one and only thing that Truely upsets me about it, when looking at the gun your eye focus imediatly shifts to the Hideouse "dirty great lump of wood" this apparently otherwise good looking gun seems to have been bolted to B)

Also the "brass bits" im not to keen on i would like to make these Black to match the rest of the gun what would be the best way to go about this?, Paint , brass darkener or anodising? , it will nead to be hard wearing especialy on the bolt.

Edited by mimic

I have seen one with a Paul Wilson custom job on. Very nice but not cheap.

dont spose you got any pics of that?, I personaly think it would look best with a modern styled Black composit stock, not everyones style i know... but id sooner it looked "modern"

Edited by mimic