best 4x4 going

Blakloks

I got a Ford Ranger...and although not a Ford fan...I love it and its good on and off road too ...not the smartest looking admittedly but gives a very good account of itself , fuel is ok at 30+ mpg ...you will be luck to get over 25 in a L200 I,m told ...think they are made by Mazda ..if so is that a bonus ? . Plus it has a bigger bed and is easier to get in the rear cab part...couldn't actually get in the L200 myself ...but the L200 has sexier looks

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

This is mud pluggin.

:beer:

Unimog, probably the best commercial 4x4 EVER!

had one at work a few years back,a young lad took it out on site and promptly sunk it up to its axles.he phoned the yard crying that he couldnt get it out ,only to be told to engage 4 wheel drive,upon which it rose out of the mud as if it was on tarmac.totaly awesome put it in someawkward spots myself,but a bit ott as a shooting truck,id stick with a ranger or a defender myself :lol::stupid::lol:

whats your views guys i was thinking of an l200 or a ford ranger or sum kind of pick upcos i need a 4x4 soon but the mate has a terious and it geos anywhere great wee machines off the road cheap to run aswell

Blakloks ,

Had a mazda b2500 for two years , very good but eats tyres if the back isn't full up , Mazda make the ford ranger so little difference there save for the interior trim and price tag .

Had an isuzu rodeo as a works vehicle , very nice but at 3.0 a bit juicy . Brother had the nissan nirvara , nice but also juicy on a run out .

now have an old discovery and a swb defender as a works motor ,both have seen a bit of action particularly in the recent snow down south .

Honest opinion is a swb defender , but get the pre td5 if you are gonna service it yourself , otherwise a laptop may be required for basic servicing.

And if you go for the defender , make sure you get a decent jacket , the right arm gets bloody cold hanging out of the window . :rolleyes:

Stocky.

Dont know if its real, but certainly looks it :rolleyes:

Disco 3 would get my vote

Did modified trials for donkeys years and I would NOT be wanting to try that. If it went wrong ( and it's so close to it) the punishment wouldn't fit the crime. That could seriously hurt (if it's genuine, and it looks it)