zeroing help required

RSWO

Very confused. Zeroed air rifle this morning and got it bang on. Let my 15 year old have a go this afternoon and the she done well until the muppet banged her nose of the end of the scope (don't ask how, Im still confused) however the zeroing is now well out - high. Anyway I have adjusted the elevation down and it cant go down any more and it is still out by 2-3inch at a range of 35ft. What is going on im well confused?? :rolleyes:

Its a HW80 with a nikko stirling platinum scope.

Edited by RSWO

Very confused. Zeroed air rifle this morning and got it bang on. Let my 15 year old have a go this afternoon and the she done well until the muppet banged her nose of the end of the scope (don't ask how, Im still confused) however the zeroing is now well out - high. Anyway I have adjusted the elevation down and it cant go down any more and it is still out by 2-3inch at a range of 35ft. What is going on im well confused?? :rolleyes:

Its a HW80 with a nikko stirling platinum scope.

Are the mounts sufficiently tight? - she may have dislodged them.

If remounting the scope doesn't help, centralise the adjustment and try shimming the back mount with shim cut from photographic negatives until you are within the adjustment range of the screw adjuster.

Are the mounts sufficiently tight? - she may have dislodged them.

If remounting the scope doesn't help, centralise the adjustment and try shimming the back mount with shim cut from photographic negatives until you are within the adjustment range of the screw adjuster.

The mount is solid, done the shimming and it's now sorted however still unsure how it is so much out now considering it was ok before? What moved? :rolleyes:

Cant answer why gun was initially zeroed but the 80 has the famous barrel droop that most HW's have-to set it correctly you can either buy special mounts or-count the clicks on the elevation from max up to max down-set the dial in the middle then pack the back mount till the gun comes on to zero elevation wise -i used to use 12 gauge cartride cases cut down the middle-your scope is now in alignment with your barrel.

swap the mounts over ie; front to back , see if that does any good, where you with them 100% of the time :lol: could they have dropped the rifle without you knowing :good: i did that on the range some time ago and bent the scope. that has the same affect impossible to zero.

sounds a bit odd being ok one minute then out the next to that extent.