both barrels going off

staghunter

i have a friend who's gun let's both barrel's off when he use's eley cart's,

he has had someone look at it and they used winchester's to try to see and it only let only let one barrel off,he told him there was nothing wrong with it so he put eley's in it again and both barrels went off any idea's why this happened.

I have a freind this happend to and it was a simple case of overoiling,after cleaning he was using too much oil then standing the gun on its butt consequently the oil soaked the mechanics and woodwork,once he had cleaned and dried out the excess oil all went back to normal.

just a thought might help,but no coincidence with cartrige types hope this is helpfull T

I had exactly this problem with a gun. It only doubled on some carts, I could shoot a hundred lylavale English sporters with no problems, put kent velocity in and it would occasionally double.

It was caused by a broken firing pin spring allowing a small amount of movement causing recoil to "bounce" the pin on the other barrel against the striker. The english sporters primers were either harder or sat slightly less proud so they didn't go off.

But as said, take it in and get it sorted, better to know its right and safe.

Edited by Monkeywrench

I had exactly this problem with a gun. It only doubled on some carts, I could shoot a hundred lylavale English sporters with no problems, put kent velocity in and it would occasionally double.

It was caused by a broken firing pin spring allowing a small amount of movement causing recoil to "bounce" the pin on the other barrel against the striker. The english sporters primers were either harder or sat slightly less proud so they didn't go off.

But as said, take it in and get it sorted, better to know its right and safe.

sounds the most likely cause to me from the description