Left the magnet at home

supergame

Shot a stubble field today which was situated on a regular flightline to a uncut wheat field.  

Just lately,with it being february I get the feeling the woodies have been slightly magnet shy.  Every other shooter in my area has one at the moment.  Today I decided to leave the magnet at home and rely on my decoy pattern and a floater.

I was set up for first light and shot until 3pm by which time I had shot 58 pigeons.  

The wind was perfect for the flightline and the birds decoyed superbly, I can safely say the magnet would'nt have made a tap of difference

I put out 36 standard decoys, 12 dead birds and the floater.

The spread looked superb and they poored in from some incredible heights.  There was also a lot of other shooters out in my area so the birds were wary, which made the results of my leaving the magnet experiment even more enjoyable.

I went out at first light today only to sit in the car for two hours till the fog lifted I saw 1000s and I don't think any thing would of made them coy today they just went where they like mainly I think as no one else was out and there's alot of rape in one block. I got 10 allday, but not every day can be perfect unfortunatly.

I went out this morning after crows. We had seen a lot on a stubble field that was being muck spread during the week. I put out a crow decoy (plus a broken chicken egg), and a half dozen pigeon decoys "just in case". Guess what!. One crow all day, and a couple of dozen pigeons. Their crops all contained ivy berries, so I think they came in out of curiosity rather than hunger. I think I just got lucky and set up under a flightline. I certainly didn't see pigeons there during my recce visits. Not complaining though. I think I would be there till next Sunday waiting for the crows.