Who will you be voting for?

SirFox

Maggie Thatcher got Britain working again after the 1979 "Winter of Discontent". After Jim Callaghan and his merry men got us so deep in the poo it nearly killed us getting out. Some of us are old enough to remember nationalisation, the three day week, the bin-men strike and power cuts under labour before Maggie came to power.

Unfortunately any government that is elected with a large majority becomes too sure of itself, it's even worse if they get in for more than one or two terms of office. As did John Major/Maggie, so now does new labour poo in it's own nest. In my opinion there is not a lot to choose between them.

I would love to see an addition to the ballot paper, a big NONE OF THE ABOVE box :good:

In the end, I live in one of the safest conservative seats in the country, it will make little difference who I personally vote for. I will vote tactically, again, just to try and upset the applecart. Vainly though it may be :drinks:

ft

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Objective No1 is to get Labour out. Diabolical bunch of scum and an utter shambles with it. My vote will be Conservative who will have little left to conserve. I hope any incoming government is radical and drastic in it's approach because it bloody well needs to be.

Edited by Whitebridges

Objective No1 is to get Labour out. Diabolical bunch of scum and an utter shambles with it. My vote will be Conservative who will have little left to conserve. I hope any incoming government is radical and drastic in it's approach because it bloody well needs to be.

There are still many people who will vote labour.

Well you can't generalise an entire country some people are great others are not but at the time when we were employing most it was the early two thousands when jobs were not as hard to come by and to put it simply contract workers weren't up for it however more often than not people who came looking for work would stay it was hit and miss im not saying brits wont work but most that came to us the heart wasn't in it but gutting turkeys day after day simply was not for most people but others were more than happy like a say some of the staff have been with us 30+ years where as others didn't stay 2 days im just saying when times were good there was jobs brits wouldn't do.

George

George, you are still missing the point, if you employ immigrant labour, you take the money you pay each of them out of the economy, therefore in the long term you are harming your own business and that of others by employing them, so before long NO ONE will have any money to buy your turkeys or whatever, because the immigrants won't spend locally, their wages go back to their country of origin, it's fairly simple

George, you are still missing the point, if you employ immigrant labour, you take the money you pay each of them out of the economy, therefore in the long term you are harming your own business and that of others by employing them, so before long NO ONE will have any money to buy your turkeys or whatever, because the immigrants won't spend locally, their wages go back to their country of origin, it's fairly simple

:good::drinks:

Yeap and we probably have to go to Poland to get a decent wage in the future.

Immigration good in the short term but useless and worthless in the longterm.

Edited by BFG

I'd rather see labour get back in than see the tories get in...

Why?

This is the sort of dogma you get from Glasgow East, the poorest constituency in the UK

where they'd elect a monkey if it had a red rosette, but yet Labour have failed them

time and time again.

What hope or aspiration does Labour give them that they're so keen to vote for them?

Nial

What is a bloke who was educated at eton, is related to the queen and is worth (supposedly) £35m going to do for the little man. How come this country had so much wealth, in yet, we have so many homeless???

And what have Blair and Brown done for the little man? If by little man you mean skiiving scumbags then I suppose you have a point but if you mean hard working PAYE employees then you have lost the plot. Totally.

And what have Blair and Brown done for the little man? If by little man you mean skiiving scumbags then I suppose you have a point but if you mean hard working PAYE employees then you have lost the plot. Totally.

So by those comments anyone on the dole is a skiving scumbag? And for your info, it's the self employed that built this country, not the lazy PAYE i'm off at four scumbags...

So by those comments anyone on the dole is a skiving scumbag? And for your info, it's the self employed that built this country, not the lazy PAYE i'm off at four scumbags...

No I am referring to people who make a career from being on benefits. I am no more generalising than you are saying that because he went to Eton he can't relate to the "little man".

I'm not having a pop at the self employed but an employee has no choice what tax he pays. An employer (self employed or not) has many options available to him to reduce his tax bill.

What is a bloke who was educated at eton, is related to the queen and is worth (supposedly) £35m going to do for the little man.

That's just reverse snobbery.

What has anyones background got to do with how well they will run the country?

(BTW Tony Blair went to Fettes, Scotland's Eton).

What I'm looking for in a leader is someone who has suceeded in his field, has a good

vision for where they want the country to go and the charisma and drive to get the

county behind him. Unfortunately I don't think this describes any of our current

'leaders'.

Background has nothing to do with it.

How come this country had so much wealth, in yet, we have so many homeless???

13 years of Labour?

Nial.

By that i assume you mean the workers, not the bosses?

Interesting comment from one who claims to agree with the communist doctrine. :lol:

That's just reverse snobbery.

What has anyones background got to do with how well they will run the country?

(BTW Tony Blair went to Fettes, Scotland's Eton).

What I'm looking for in a leader is someone who has suceeded in his field, has a good

vision for where they want the country to go and the charisma and drive to get the

county behind him. Unfortunately I don't think this describes any of our current

'leaders'.

Background has nothing to do with it.

13 years of Labour?

Nial.

I don't think DC is a natural leader and I don't know enough about him to say he is SUCCESSFUL in his field. We had homeless when the tories were in power.

By that i assume you mean the workers, not the bosses?

Interesting comment from one who claims to agree with the communist doctrine. :lol:

There is always going to be a gap, between bosses and workers. But under the current system is grossly unbalanced, As for the communist doctrine, I never said I agreed with all of communism as it too has it's problems. And strangely enough they are similar to todays issues GREED FROM THE TOP.

I believe in an ideal that does not exist, but that does not mean I will vote for DC, just because he supports shooting ???

Cheers

Phil

Firstly no Scotsman should be in the House of Commons or comment on English politics. They have their own parliament which is good.

With regard to foriegn workers at present I have Irish, Portugese, Welsh and Australian. They are all excellent tradesmen and do their jobs. The saddest thing is that the Australians have to go home after a maximum of two years and out of that two years they can only work for one. One Aussie lad was swagged in and deported after eighteen months because he'd turned thirty one.

All my workers are legal and pay their taxes. I don't believe that Bulgarians have the right to work here even gutting turkeys.

They like Latvians come here under the pretence of being students.

Firstly no Scotsman should be in the House of Commons or comment on English politics. They have their own parliament which is good.

With regard to foriegn workers at present I have Irish, Portugese, Welsh and Australian. They are all excellent tradesmen and do their jobs. The saddest thing is that the Australians have to go home after a maximum of two years and out of that two years they can only work for one. One Aussie lad was swagged in and deported after eighteen months because he'd turned thirty one.

All my workers are legal and pay their taxes. I don't believe that Bulgarians have the right to work here even gutting turkeys.

They like Latvians come here under the pretence of being students.

I have no problems in people coming to the UK to work when there is lots of it. But when there is little work, I think it is right that they go back to their homeland, but they should know that before they come.

> I don't think DC is a natural leader and I don't know enough about him to say he is SUCCESSFUL in his field.

When I said "I don't think this describes any of our current 'leaders'", I meant of any of the polotical

parties.

We need someone to unite the country (like Hitler, but without all the bad bits).

> We had homeless when the tories were in power.

How many fewer are there after 13 years of labour?

There is always going to be a gap, between bosses and workers.

Again I don't understand this mentality, it implies that 'bosses' don't work.

In most of the companies I've had exposure to (small, high tech and the wife in retail) the

gap between the bosses and workers is that the bosses work harder and many more hours

than the workers.

If you don't like it why don't you aim to be a boss?

Nial.

> I don't think DC is a natural leader and I don't know enough about him to say he is SUCCESSFUL in his field.

When I said "I don't think this describes any of our current 'leaders'", I meant of any of the polotical

parties.

We need someone to unite the country (like Hitler, but without all the bad bits).

> We had homeless when the tories were in power.

How many fewer are there after 13 years of labour?

Again I don't understand this mentality, it implies that 'bosses' don't work.

In most of the companies I've had exposure to (small, high tech and the wife in retail) the

gap between the bosses and workers is that the bosses work harder and many more hours

than the workers.

If you don't like it why don't you aim to be a boss? :lol:

Nial.

I have been a boss for six years, I work in construction, which is currently very depressed. ???