new toy

viking

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ahn the old 200 Tdi lump- looks clean enough did you re-build it?

Cracking engine I had a Defender 90 with a 300 Tdi lump in it - sad day when i SOLD IT :good::):hmm:

I have a Japanese shooting bus now ( which is soon to be for sale- buying a TD5)

16022010098.jpg

Les :good:

Edited by Lez325

Yes, pulled it out of a scrap Disco with 150,000 on the clock,set of main bearings,big end shells,rings etc as good as new.Fitted a good overdrive for "cruising"and enjoy using her through summer.I also have a Jap pickup for shooting/winter,prefer the heater and no draughts!!I have no issue with anyone using the pics,after all they are on a public site.

Cheers Nev.

post-4568-1266319138.jpg

post-4568-1266319177.jpg

Edited by nevb

It is mint, but how did you get the trees and bushes to go green in the background ?

Must be awfully mild in leeds in february :P

a true believer, am i being accused on not being honest hear :o :P

thats is the phot of it jake wright had on his website of it for sale, when i get chance i will be taking more than 1 photo of it, and i will post them,

cheers, Lee

A true believer :good::yes::yes:

Nev, lovely motor. Out of interest, what would one exactly like that cost?

Viking - are you having a funny turn?

Hi Mungler,you would be hard pressed to pick a tax exempt lightweight with a mint chassis and bulkhead,200tdi,overdrive like this under £3K.Good early ones are getting few and far between....

Cheers Nev.

Whats the matter?

Nothing to say on the matter? or are you looking out your old Monkees albums?

Here let me help you out

Oh and by the way,

I am 38 and have my own company which pays my bills etc. It also allows me to run my OWN landrover and not use photo's of someone elses. That is just the act of a TROLL.

Edited by MC

Lez, how do you find the Trooper for fuel consumption and reliability? And is it any good on the motorway? Thanks.

does around 30 mpg and 70 mph all day on motorways- a little noisey owing to all terrain tyres- for sale as Im buying a dicovery need back seats and the Trooper is a commercial with only the 2 front seats ( and I do own this- photo not stolen from any web sites) very reliable I had the Isuzu recall done last year as they did have a problem with oil pumps etc- but it cost me only £20 to MOT it last week ( small welding job on centre box of the exhaust system) 114,000 miles and runs like a dream

just miss having a Landrover to be honest

Les :rolleyes::hmm:

Edited by Lez325

Yes, pulled it out of a scrap Disco with 150,000 on the clock,set of main bearings,big end shells,rings etc as good as new.Fitted a good overdrive for "cruising"and enjoy using her through summer.I also have a Jap pickup for shooting/winter,prefer the heater and no draughts!!I have no issue with anyone using the pics,after all they are on a public site.

Cheers Nev.

Thats one tidy landy- always nice to see these being ex army Ive had a fair few oil leak related experiences with the landrover- class vehicles if you like doing repairs constantly :rolleyes::hmm::lol:

Les :lol:

Edited by Lez325