Sign in to follow this  
joeainscow

Gamebore super steel

One point Gentlemen, if you used a sling shot as CS keeps harping back to, it would have something like a 9mm or 3/8th" steel ball-bearing as the projectile.

In that case it would be carrying an awful lot more energy than a shotgun pellet and could knock out a goose if it hit it on the head, causing the bird to crash to the ground and expire!

39 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

One point Gentlemen, if you used a sling shot as CS keeps harping back to, it would have something like a 9mm or 3/8th" steel ball-bearing as the projectile.

In that case it would be carrying an awful lot more energy than a shotgun pellet and could knock out a goose if it hit it on the head, causing the bird to crash to the ground and expire!

It would be one hell of a shot too

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Something you might remember fondly and brag about!

Only if you’re talking of a descent range 🤣

Bit like hares really 🤣

8 hours ago, Scully said:

I’ve never really done an autopsy on a duck or goose, so your diagnosis may be right, but I remain highly sceptical that pellets which don’t even have the energy to penetrate skin can have such a devastating effect on vital organs.

i have if course heard of blunt instrument trauma but the size of the instrument has to be relative to the size of the target, and more often than not includes multiple blows of incredible force. I still find it hard to believe that even multiple strikes of pellets have such an effect. 

Me too. I still think it is a load of rubbish.