Fox Worrying Sheep...well he was...........

Evil Elvis

:lol: Went out with Fatcatsplat last night for his first bunnying session on one of my big permissions, started snowing as we get there and I thought it might be a grueler. Walked into the first feild and ther was a bunny "thats not a bunny" say Matt...Bang..."oh, Yes it is!!!"lol.

To cut a long story short, i shot 2 rabbits on this permsion and saw 3 foxes, we walked a fair old way and calle dit a night.

Yesterday i had a call from one of my farmers saying that there was a dog fox hassling his sheep which have started to lamb so we popped in there on the way home, shot a ranbbit as soon as we got there. for a change i gave |Matt the lightforce with a handle on it, and I have to say its better than gun mounting it, lit the bunnies up like daylight.

We had more or less done the whole farm when Matt lamped back where we had been and there was a set of eyes running away at speed, I got comfortable against a tree and did a load squeek, he stopped just long enough, in the light without the red lens cover it looked like daylight, engine room shot and one dead fox and hopefully one happy farmer.

Wierd thing is this fox had spots all over it, not damage, they were pigmented into his fur....very odd!!! Got home about 3am!!! tired but happy.

b_015700.jpg

b_015729.jpg

015549.jpg

015610.jpg

:lol: Thanks, never seen one like before.....had a serious set of dentistry too, obviously living the good life, this farm had 3 adult sheep killed over a few weeks before xmas, and all i found was fox tracks, I suspected dog to be honest but who knows, the lambs born over the next few days will be a bit safer!!! ???

:lol: Yeah your right, there were a hell of a lot of tracks around which is unusual, i patrol this farm regularly and the foxes generally stay away, he hasnt lost another lamb since Ive been shooting it in 3 years but as its 2 mins drive from my house Ill check it everytime eastenders comes on!!! ???

There were also no hares around last night i wonder if the búggers have had my hares!! :no:

Edited by Evil Elvis

The one i wish i had stuffed :good:

Photo-0194Small.jpg

Well done on the charlie :good:

Wow!!Not thats spotty, do you reckon they are mange scars? cos i suspect they are?

Yes I do Les, its called me!!!! stealth stalker showed me a great way of squeeking and it works well for me!!! even on squirrels!!!

It was so much niceer having someone lamp for me instead of having it on the rifle. Matt....Ill let you have a go next time lol. :good:

There were also no hares around last night i wonder if the búggers have had my hairs!! :yes:

Was looking for a pic of you without a hat on to confirm that "something had" :P???

Well done on the fox..great little round the .17hmr,have shot a few with Magmans..very effective :good: Just helped 1 of the farmers on our shoot fill in his F/A renewal and he,s put in for 1...so who knows after trying it i may have to buy 1 myself :good:

Again well done,you seem to be knocking them over :good:

Just a thought here!

Are the markings more common on the younger ones, it may be that they fade as they mature, I shot 4 cubs last years from the same litter and all were simalar in markings, i have also noticed on other young but not so on more mature fox's say 18 months + :good:

That spotty blighter appears to be winking at you in the second photo - from beyond the grave !

Nice work.

I often have foxes following me about when I go lamping. I only have .22lr and they tend to keep well away. Must be after the paunch.

shall ,I come upand bring the Tikka lol

Les :good: