Do you shoot sitting down or standing up?

Whitebridges

Like most shooters, I adapt my shooting position to whatever the surroundings dictate.

When shooting from a hide, I prefer to shoot sitting down.

This is really a habit, formed by spending many years shooting in low cover areas, without the luxury of high thick hedges, or woodland as a background.

The hides had to be minimal, to blend in, so there wasn't much room for standing up.

Like most things, if you do it long enough, you tend to get good at it.

When shooting from dry ditches, roost shooting, driven birds, or just wandering around, I shoot from a standing position.

Although I have been known to perch on the shooting stick for a rest, every now and then. :lol:

I know that a lot of the foregoing posts are tongue in cheek banter, but its difficult to argue that your method is best, whether we are talking decoy layouts, shooting positions, cammo or not etc.,

If it works for you, then its the best method for you.............but not necessarily for the other Chap. :lol:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don`t think anyone mentioned that they could shoot better sitting down than standing, or vice versa before BRUK did. It`s horses for courses when you are shooting and you have to lessen the variables to get on terms with your quarry, and if sitting down does it then that`s for me!! :lol:

Noted your pic. Wonderful what you can do with Photoshop or an industrial strength corset isn`t it? :lol:

I quite often spend the last part of the day out of the hide and under a flightline or down wind from a bunny house, just sat leaning on a fence post-tree and i find i can hit just as many as standing in the hide. The only thing is you have to get them in front or crossing because i have not got used to the mirror on the shoulder trick yet :D:lol: