Nicely Done

Birdboy

Havent got a clue what they are talking about, but couple of nice vid clips here if you search for his other videos.

Anyone know what calibre he is using ? Sounds sweet. Also, what caller is he using ?

BB

I have the full DVD of this what a great DVD really good footage!!! It's a great hunting film!!!

Unless it's sound reduction on the camera the rifle he is using sounds quite quiet, certainle doesn't sound like a 22-250 (Or anything larger). Looking at the sound moderator under the camo it doesn't look much larger than a SAK mod, certainly not as big as you would expect on a Center Fire!

Edited by Frenchieboy

• 2 weeks later...
big round though, judging by when he pulls the bolt back. Probably the lie of the land and camera sound pick up.

I am with you, the case looks to be of a size say off 222 or 223. even though I do also agree that the sound does not seem loud nor is the sound mod look that big. but nice shot.

Looking at the size of the bolt its definatley a centre fire rifle 222 or 223 would be my guess and as for the caller I have the same one-or at least one that makes a very similar sound - bought it from Bushwear for £20 :good::lol: very effective on long range Charlies brings them in a treat

heres a link -

http://www.bushwear.co.uk/nostyles.php?Pro...amp;ClassID=265

Les :hmm:

Edited by Lez325

Looking at the size of the bolt its definatley a centre fire rifle 222 or 223 would be my guess and as for the caller I have the same one-or at least one that makes a very similar sound - bought it from Bushwear for £20 :good::good: very effective on long range Charlies brings them in a treat

heres a link -

http://www.bushwear.co.uk/nostyles.php?Pro...amp;ClassID=265

Les :good:

Thanks for letting me know what caller it is Les. You said they call charles in from distance, but can you use it close up ?

BB

I've been following the short clips from Kristoffer Clausen for about 2yrs now and he's good. He's in the middle of spending a year in the wild as a hunter and only eating what he can shoot/forage.

His films are available from his site

http://www.jaktogdvd.no/en/jaktfilmer/index.php

Unfortunately they don't come with subtitles - well the older ones don't - he did reply to my email last year saying that as of March 2010 he will be editing all his films and clips with english subtitles as part of the film and other languages are available by request :good:

The reason it sounds like that is due to the incredibly high sound level clipping the microphone. This basically means that too much sound has entered the Diaphragm of the mic at that one point! this is why is sounds thin and lossful.

Great shot! looks like a .308

• 2 weeks later...