Unlucky Stoat

verminator69

Thanks for the comments guys, :good: I do rear pheasants and partridges, I've seen first hand what a stoat can do in side a partridge pen not pleasant. :lol: Shoot or not to shoot that's like saying dont kill any foxes they control rabbits,each to there own me thinks.

Oh and its in freezer, i will get it stuffed later on. :yes:

what about the slight hole in his head?

How very interesting I shot 2 yesterday (left and right I may add) but they where wearing their traditional summer coats brown tops with white bellys. Yours appears to be sporting the winter look.

Good shooting

I found one in a few days ago in one of the farm buildings with summer coat too. Never seen a stoat around my shoot before. This one was injured though, couldn't use it's back legs and was crawling around. Farmer decided to take it home in a box and asked me what he should feed it. I said give it some cat food, milk and eggs but knocking it on head is probably a better idea. Died a day later anyway. Nice animals to look at though. Check out videos on youtube of stoat vs rabbit. Interestingly, they hunt by wearing the rabbit down by just chasing it until it's exhausted.