CWD

pavman

its why they are so dodgy to meet if you're beating or your dog gets a bit too close. Worldn't fancy them in my leg. Pav seeing what people pay for medal munties if you've any bucks like that they are worth a lot of money

we have a very big boy but I am leaving him alone as he is the breeding male (well i assume he is) dont see him often very shy indeed, came across him on the Quad one night and he cleared two fences with a headge between..... some jump it was :good:

Its definitley a catch 22 situation, obviously they are an alien species so really ought to be controlled hard but they are nice to see. Downsides are if you get a lot about you'll find dogs get injured by them while beating, certainly with Muntjacs you end up with a load in the end of every drive that flush every bird in sight in all directions and obviously they hammer young trees and brambles. On the estate I live on the Muntjacs have been a pest when they were in huge numbers then they got hit hard and now they just seem to stay about stable number wise but that is with a good cull each year. big plus point is they taste rather nice

Pav - If the CWD are like other deer &f you take that big buck out, you'll usually find more than one will try take his place meaning you will get more shooting on the plus side, but on the minus side there will be even more deer on the farmers land

I have never seen another Buck... there is around 4 or 5 Does and i think he looks after them all.... seeing him is rare and if we get a few bambies later i will know they are breeding..... or we may be a safe area they have moved to... I am not out to get rid of them just control as needs be, I like to see them and if they cause no harm i leave them well alone and just take the odd Munty for the table.... the Doe I shot had found farmers wifes bulbs and seed beds and would not keep out made a right old mess...... you would think a few paddys with shovels moved in :good: