Who is going this weekend ?

Rob G

Not sure if this is the right place to put this topic.

Is anyone going this weekend,if so what results did you have.I went yesterday,couldn't hit a cows xxxx with a cricket bat so i'm off for another go today.still got some snow on rape might be lucky   :P

I will try in the middle of the week, when things settle down after the weekend.

There was a lot of shooting all around on Saturday.

It could have been pigeon shooters, or the last Shoots of the game season.

Things will be back to normal about Tuesday.

Was that the last of the snow, this year ?

Went out Saterday only got one mist about six hopless .

Went out today saw about half a dozen to far out for me.

There were four guns in the woods on the farm next to me  shooting all day, out of bounds for me. Going try again Wednesday. bm

:P Planned to go out yesterday but the local forecast Friday night said snow in the morning turning to rain for the rest of the day.Didn,t bother getting my gear ready and had a lie in. When I got up the snow had fallen during the night and the sun was melting it fast.No rain all day and the snow had gone by lunch time.So much for weather forecasts.

Went for a look today with a view to going out in the week and saw a flock of about 100 feeding on one of our favourite fields so might get out and have a go about Tues. :(

Welcome rob g

Went out on sat with a mate , shot two and a crow all day.

a lot of shooting going on around us ,which we put down to beaters day,  this must have unsettled them as they had been feeding on the rape field previously.

Saw a field blue over with them on my way home, but aint that always the case !

regards sutty :P

got out on sat got 17 mostly high birds along a wooded valley that i can get in now the seasons ended .i'd seen them on wed during the gales wen i'd been covering abit of rape sheltered from the wind picked up 34   including 4 with one barrel  :S which helped cart/kill no end, intresting day dropped one bird onto the top of a fir tree and a sparrowhawk knocked it down. makes a change from the buzzards hitting the decoys. will be back out on wed difrent wind due so diferent fields saw the farm manager wen out thanked me for keeping pigeons of his rape :P  (if only he knew) thanked him back    peter  ???  :(  ???

Guest flightline

Having bottled shooting this weekend I was interested in what I`d see from the London to Nottingham train today. Loads of pigeons on rape (and some on set aside) all over the shop. Can`t wait for Sunday! :P