Help for Heros Charity Shoot - Good Friday 2nd April

Nicky T

I don't think shoots like that make you improve :huh: they just knock your confidence.

I think that shoots like today kick your *** when you miss the bread and butter stuff; as everyone is going to come unstuck to varying degrees on the tougher stuff :)

Forgot to add in my earlier post; Son of Potter and i shot the 2-man flush (twice) scoring 27/30 and 28/30 - good fun to end the day :yes:

Edited by Nicky T

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think shoots like that make you improve ;) they just knock your confidence.

Just like Llandegla :) I don't get anything out of them. they just make you feel your doing something very wrong :yes:

You need a fair few tough stands to sort the wheat from the chaff, and that's where you do your learning.

The Boys and Girls who are putting in the big scores have done all there learning so it neither here n there to them.

tough shoots will see you improve in the long run, not every week mind, but easy shoots taech you concentration. you need a mixture of both. :huh:

I think that shoots like today kick your *** when you miss the bread and butter stuff; as everyone is going to come unstuck to varying degrees on the tougher stuff ;)

Forgot to add in my earlier post; Son of Potter and i shot the 2-man flush (twice) scoring 27/30 and 28/30 - good fun to end the day :lol:

I missed a couple of sitters here and there down to concentration, but some of them targets were abit silly. I have wasted enough money this month on silly birds :)

I think I'm trying to say I didn't enjoy it Nick I have a sore Botty :lol: (No Homo inuendo's plz :lol: ) Maybe my brain wasn't on it :yes:

Well shot on the flush SOP & Nicky :huh:

Haven't called them yet. Patience Nicky San :) I am shooting Rufforth's All Round on Monday if anyone fancies a try beforehand? That's why I opted not to go to Worsley today.

ps. I know I will forget to ring them so I have emailed them. Anyone else game? Two places left on our squad :yes:

Edited by paulos

That was a tough one, can't decide if I enjoyed it or not :huh:;):lol: First round in the morning with the boy I thought I finished on a 74 but the score on the board was 75? someone can't add up. Then met up with a couple of mates and seeing as I had just sold another kidney, I went round again. Well, as usual, the ones I hit on round one I missed on round 2 and vice versa finishing on a 76 (by my counting!) Didn't do it properly but I think if I'd have added up the best score on each stand from either card I'd have ended up with about 84/85. I even missed out on the pool shoot by 1 bird, there were 3 or 4 straights and my 9 :lol::lol:

The shoot was typically Worsley but tougher, most stands and there were 15 of them, had fast birds either disappearing rapidly behind a tree or bush or hitting the ground! even the birds that were high in the sky eventually flew behind a tree rather than diving gently into the ground. Looking at the scores of some Worsley regulars they were, with one or two exceptions, well below par which made me think they had wound the traps up that little bit faster.

Hey Ho, Sunday & Monday (weather permitting) are not too far away :):yes:

Mr Potter

Had a quick look over the score board for this shoot today as I went on buttoning duty for me dad and mate.

Very low scoring shoot :P

From Memory (don't quote these scores but)

M Myers 88

Stirzacker 85

K Mayor 76

Forgotten B Winstanleys score :D .......80 something rings a bell.

Lots of the usual suspects didnt hand in there score cards :lol: Must have been a tough one. Makes me feel a tad better about it :lol:

Results are in: well played to J Gray whomever he is, was it maglad under a sudername ?

Friday 2 April 2010

Help for Heroes Charity Shoot

High Gun = D Carrie/M Myers (88)

2nd B Winstanley (87)

3rd K Jobling (86)

4th G Stirzaker (85)

5th G Boertien (83)

6th W Cork (82)

7th M Faux (81)

8th = N Harrison/A Gair/B Todd

Ladies R Bergavist (68)

Veterans K Riley (77)