Ambassador FITASC Sporting

Catamong

What time are you kicking off?

I have never shot fitasc or seen it and I may come over as a spectator.

Cheers

Martin

Ignore that,

I have just looked back in the thread

Edited by MC

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cat, I can trump your windy weather excuse with my "shooting a gun I have only shot once before". And you will note that I lined it up suitably early.

I would have thought a man of your years and experience could do better than a "it might be windy when I shoot it".

I am expecting great excuses from PDLM today. He's been silently training and practising his excuses and I hoping for a Gold medal performance - we want to see excuses well thought out, delivered with great timing and above all with quality excuse content.

Excellent day out, good company and weather. Certainly an eye opener for me - may as well been in a one legged **** kicking contest. :lol:<_<

Amazing how moving from one stand to the next can make so much difference - need to learn "more Lead" :P:P

As usual M25 and Dartford bridge marred a great day

Well that was an eye opener and a reminder why I find it easier to shoot gun up.

Shot 3 "stands" relatively well with 20, 19 and 20 and then had a major balls up on 2 stands with something like a 13/25 and 11/25. Completely blanked one station.

Enjoyed the day and in good company with great weather, but rather pricey at £70.

Would have liked to shot it again birds only and gun up <_<

Well that was an eye opener and a reminder why I find it easier to shoot gun up.

Shot 3 "stands" relatively well with 20, 19 and 20 and then had a major balls up on 2 stands with something like a 13/25 and 11/25. Completely blanked one station.

Enjoyed the day and in good company with great weather, but rather pricey at £70.

Would have liked to shot it again birds only and gun up :P

Looks like a good start, Mung. <_<

What's the scores on the doors, then? :lol:

Not much of a write up there bender.

Who else went ?

What were the other scores ?

Was there catering there ?

Were the burgers any good ?

Was there any fit female fitascers ?

Anyone else we know there ?

Quote of the day ?

Come on, make an effort ! <_<:lol:

Not much of a write up there bender. I'll be his servant today

Who else went ? Bigweed, Broken Man and PDLM

What were the other scores ? **** poor :lol::P :P

Was there catering there ? No

Were the burgers any good ? There wasn't any

Was there any fit female fitascers ? There was only one female there that I saw and the answer in NO.

Anyone else we know there ? I was

Quote of the day ? There was far too many, ranging from "Event anxiety" and "trigger freeze" to "I have only shot the gun once before" and "You ******"

Come on, make an effort ! <_<:P

To be honest it did look quite enjoyable but 70 big ones for 125 birds is a bit steep in anyones book.

I did refer to the birds as "Targets" at one point and had to slap myself around the face.

I did refer to the birds as "Targets" at one point and had to slap myself around the face.

Well, it sounds well dodgy if this Fitasc thing can "turn" even the most hetro of Mersea blokes <_<

FITASC is not for the financially faint hearted, but it's certainly more challenging than English Sporting.

As Mung has found out, shooting "gun down" is a lot more tricky than "gun up". :lol:

To score 19's and 20's on your first attempt is a good achievment at FITASC, especially at a shoot set by Dyson, so I'm expecting a bit more of a run for my money at this years Essex Masters..!! :P

Well shot boys, what's happened to Pete, is he still too stressed to type..?? <_<

Cat

Edited by Catamong

FITASC is not for the financially faint hearted, but it's certainly more challenging than English Sporting.

As Mung has found out, shooting "gun down" is a lot more tricky than "gun up". :lol:

To score 19's and 20's on your first attempt is a good achievment at FITASC, especially at a shoot set by Dyson, so I'm expecting a bit more of a run for my money at this years Essex Masters..!! :P

Well shot boys, what's happened to Pete, is he still too stressed to type..?? <_<

Cat

Only if you normally shoot gun up. I shoot gun down all the time so it wouldn't be any different. There was some tasty clays there though but there were also some easy ones.

Alas, Pete's brother was giving me a run for my money until the last stand. Then, Pete's steady shooting twin ****** off and the other Pete returned <_<

Old Bigweed straighted a few tricky stands when he didn't get a chance to think about them and convince himself that he couldn't and shouldn't be shooting them.

Carl - Mr silky smooth gun mount as ever. I am not sure but Carl shot quiet and steady and may have been high gun out of us. I can't remember all the scores but the worst performance on any one stand was yours truly. Absolute cock out moment blanker in full effect.

MC rescued me on the last stand by delivering some most welcome bitch mutha carts - there's some rangey birds out there.

Edited by Mungler

All you need are 28 gram Hull Sovereign 6.5's, they'll do the job if you point the gun in the right place. :good:

Cat

These were Express World Cup in a 7.5 and they seemed to worked as well.

I don't know if I would say it was more challenging than Sporting, The X bird was but the other that I saw weren't.

Got to say the birds were extremely well presented and very clever or rather deceptive.

Also, it was the interesting bit of shooting a station, then moving 10 yards away and it felt like you were shooting a completely fresh layout. That fella Dyson knows how to put a shoot on.

I wouldn't bother getting into FITASC but I would shoot that competition again next year.

Edited by Mungler

I wouldn't bother getting into FITASC but I would shoot that competition again next year.

I'd give it another go !!

Just remember to get there early to get parked without incurring the wrath of the neighbour "Don't park there, I live here and this is my land" ooooorrrrr and out come the traffic cones

Well, it was a tough shoot, made no easier by a biting North Easterly wind at a temperature of minus 8 degrees, jeez, it was cold..!! :lol:

Most of the high scores were shot on previous days when there was no wind, there were two 112's ex 125, which I'd have to say wasn't on today, it was that much colder and windier, any score today over 100 was a goodun.

Stirzy, Myers and Mick Nicholson made the long journey down from the frozen North, but they were all struggling too. :lol:

We had over an hour between layouts, I started bang on 9.30, and finished at 4.00, (that's one of the reasons I don't shoot much FITASC).

There were some super targets, a typical Dyson layout that shot harder than it looked, with one of the longest L/R battues I think I've ever raised a gun at.

Modesty does not permit me to disclose my score, I need to engender a sense of hope and purpose amongst the Southern lads, and rubbing their noses in it again is simply not the way to do it. :lol: , so I intend to stay quiet on that score. :yay:

A good shoot, roll on the Essex Masters, this time next month, God, I hope it's warmed up a bit by then. :rolleyes:

Cat.