deben tracer max

sticko

can any one help i have a deben tracer max {old type with turrets and centre spot opaqe blue glass lens 12volt]THE BULB HAS BLOWN the unit is a sealed beam and you cant remove or get at the lamp deceided to phone deben direct and ask for a replacement beam unit they said they have never done a sealed tracer max and i would have to buy a complete new light ? can any one help or advise as this seems a bit daft thanks in advance

i tried to find a sealed beam but,cannot find one and a bulb is listed for your model,making it non sealed.

this is the bulb part for your lamp.DA2652.....Replacement Xenon Bulb 50w

can you not get it apart and post a pic?to help.

al

hi thanks for reply but no you cant split the glass and get it apart the actual lamp inside the sealed beam is the same as the new lamps but soldered to a 2 prong probe iam actually a spark sorry forgot to mention deben say there is no replacement available so i will have to purchase a new one they say they are only£53 which is fine if you say it fast

can any one help i have a deben tracer max {old type with turrets and centre spot opaqe blue glass lens 12volt]THE BULB HAS BLOWN the unit is a sealed beam and you cant remove or get at the lamp deceided to phone deben direct and ask for a replacement beam unit they said they have never done a sealed tracer max and i would have to buy a complete new light ? can any one help or advise as this seems a bit daft thanks in advance

Hi I can help you on this, what you have is a Tracer max that has at some time been fitted with a "Deben Blue Eye" sealed beam unit, These lamps were scope mounted in the 70,s, I had one and only sold it last year.

I have done the same with one of my Tracers,I bought the unit on the bay it fits perfectly and imo give a much better beam.

The sealed beam units sometimes come up on the Bay, I paid about £15 for mine.

Cheers Rob

• 2 weeks later...

That's what I meant when I said that these lamps are seldom if ever made just for shooting kit. :mad:

If it really is the GE4515 then that is what is used in Disco "Pin spots". That is a 6 volt, 30 watt very narrow spot, measuring 4.5 inches diameter. Sometimes they do use the GE 4405 which is a 12 volt equivalent, but that is not very common.

Strikes me as an odd choice for a gun lamp, as the field of light is extremely narrow indeed.

Re-reading the OP, it states 12 volt, and an opaque blue glass lens... so that rules out the GE4515, shame as I have dozens of those lying around and you could have one for a pint...

Any chance you could take a photo?

That's what I meant when I said that these lamps are seldom if ever made just for shooting kit. :yes:

If it really is the GE4515 then that is what is used in Disco "Pin spots". That is a 6 volt, 30 watt very narrow spot, measuring 4.5 inches diameter. Sometimes they do use the GE 4405 which is a 12 volt equivalent, but that is not very common.

Strikes me as an odd choice for a gun lamp, as the field of light is extremely narrow indeed.

Re-reading the OP, it states 12 volt, and an opaque blue glass lens... so that rules out the GE4515, shame as I have dozens of those lying around and you could have one for a pint...

Any chance you could take a photo?

like i say i got the same lamp kit but the blue eye is just painted onto the glass/lens

and 12v 30w Screw Terminal 4405 Lamp is the same lamp mate

and it works better with out the painted blue eye on it

Edited by ant.mass

here's pic of my original blue eye as you can the blue eye is just painted on

and a pic of 4405 beam i got from music-man.co.uk its the same beam

and like I say it works much better with out the blue eye just use it with a red filter

beam2.jpg

Edited by ant.mass