Geese and Duck shooting trips

Geese and ducks shooting in Scotland.

Goose flight in morning, plus geese and ducks in the evening =£210

Hotel,

The one we recommend is £75 that's for dinner bed and breakfast = food is very good!!

Please remember all geese you shoot come home with us so if you shoot 100 plus on your trips they all come home, again if you want them all dress and ready for oven that can be done up there for you as well.

These trips are of the very best in wildfowling.

PM me for more info and its nothing like some shoots were you stand and watch geese 2 miles up all day :good: , my trips you will get geese. :good:

Kind Regards,

Alex

Edited by Shotgunspud

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shooting 100+ geese is about as far removed from wildfowling as it gets.

the prices are also way over the going rate....

I know from experience guides who allow guests to shoot large bags of geese are despised in Scotland. £210 is way too steep as well. Sounds more like slaughtering geese on feeding ground rather than actual wildfowling.

:angry:???

Gents,

100plus Geese in a week of a team of 5 guns is not over the top!!

Plus if you new the area of Scotland we were shooting and the numbers of geese in that area, then you may think again! The pest in your area is pigeons the pest in there area are geese, you wouldn’t think twice about shooting a 100 on your own… 100 geese do you no how much damage they do?, yes we are doing it for sport but the farmers up the hate them all 70,000 plus of them.

I put this up on the forum for members to have ago, we do get booked up very quickly but some PM members asked me about it so I offered it.

By all means if you can get a better price for goose and duck shooting in the area we are going to then you go with them!

We have been running trips for over 11 years in the same area and never had an unhappy group, the standard of the goose shooting is second to none, and no fields are feed in anyway.

I am sure you have all read bits about guns going on paid trips all round, and how many times have you heard them say they were too high and oh well better luck next time, we offer something a little more.

I am sure you will all jump in with your own thoughts and tell me how wrong I am but, 11years of very happy shooters that come back year after year will do for me.

A

Edited by Shotgunspud

So does that mean its 210 quid for the week?

Or is this £210 per team of 5 guns?.

If it's per person, 100 bag over 5 days with 5 guns would work out at. 210 x 5 (guns) (£1050) x5 (days) (£5250) / 100 geese (total 5 day bag) = 52.20. Means your paying £52.20 per goose! - that is a tad over the top, isn't it?

Gents,

100plus Geese in a week of a team of 5 guns is not over the top!!

Plus if you new the area of Scotland we were shooting and the numbers of geese in that area, then you may think again! The pest in your area is pigeons the pest in there area are geese, you wouldn’t think twice about shooting a 100 on your own… 100 geese do you no how much damage they do?, yes we are doing it for sport but the farmers up the hate them all 70,000 plus of them.

OK, the season to come is 17 weeks long, from 15th September, when they arrive, until the end of the season. 17x 100 = 1700+ geese, by one outfit ! That`s going to make an impact on 70K

Let`s face facts, will all shooting be over winter cereal fields/grass ? None over stubbles ? None on their roosts ?

As anyone who shoots inland geese in Scotland, because that is what it is, not wildfowling, will tell you that geese do not hit cereals and grass until later in the season once the stubbles are gleaned.

Aberdeenshire is lovely, but there are too many John Waynes.

It`s gonna be per day, if I were you I would try and contact a member called moongeese on here for shooting in Perthshire. If you can`t contact him by PM, I can try and get his details to you.

That's great henry d - much appreciated. Will try and get in touch with him. Cheers!

Or is this £210 per team of 5 guns?.

If it's per person, 100 bag over 5 days with 5 guns would work out at. 210 x 5 (guns) (£1050) x5 (days) (£5250) / 100 geese (total 5 day bag) = 52.20. Means your paying £52.20 per goose! - that is a tad over the top, isn't it?

Bleeh,

It's £210 a day ducks and geese two flights, the quote was the number of geese and ducks you shoot you bring home, i.e we never dump them, all birds shot come home, so if yo shoot for 2 days or 5 days. what ever you shoot in that time is up to you but we take all of them home.

A

Gents,

It’s an offer, we have to pay the guides and make money ourselves on running the trips, yes you can go to a guide you don’t no and stand in a field and watch geese all day and get it cheaper no doubt, we go to the best areas for the best shooting and best results that’s way it’s the price it is.

Some of you are trying your best as always to put something down before you know all the facts... I was asked about the shooting because people know of our results so I put it up for all to see.

Again it was an offer as I said at the start will fill all our days very quickly so I was just offering the forum it first…

Sorry for bothering i want again…

Thing is mate is mate trying to offer people on here something different to the normal.

If people can offer better deals then good on them, but I say it how it is… i.e. we had one old guest last year who had been going to one area for over 4 years never shot a goose, I and I think he only had 7 ducks to his gun on all his trips put together, the guide put him in a small hide with 6 other guns NOT English speaking on his last trip and left saying they were looking for geese, and that’s wildfowling. He paid £180??

He came to us asking if we could get him in, so he joined a small team of ours which I ran and we shot 39 , 13 geese to himself on the first day, and at the end he broke down in tears, thanking me over and over again he ended up with think 29 geese and 23 ducks most he has ever shot...

He has now booked him self in for 6 days this year! So we are not all bad.

As for this comment….. But there are too many John Wayne’s… LOL 11 years I have been shooting them in Aberdeenshire and more and more keep coming back each year so bang goes that dent in 70k,

We shoot over grass + stubbles + use 1 lock… but please try some other guides out then come back to us and have a look for yourself and how we do things.

Good luck with what ever you do…

A

Thing is mate is mate trying to offer people on here something different to the normal.

If people can offer better deals then good on them, but I say it how it is… i.e. we had one old guest last year who had been going to one area for over 4 years never shot a goose, I and I think he only had 7 ducks to his gun on all his trips put together, the guide put him in a small hide with 6 other guns NOT English speaking on his last trip and left saying they were looking for geese, and that’s wildfowling. He paid £180??

He came to us asking if we could get him in, so he joined a small team of ours which I ran and we shot 39 , 13 geese to himself on the first day, and at the end he broke down in tears, thanking me over and over again he ended up with think 29 geese and 23 ducks most he has ever shot...

He has now booked him self in for 6 days this year! So we are not all bad.

As for this comment….. But there are too many John Wayne’s… LOL 11 years I have been shooting them in Aberdeenshire and more and more keep coming back each year so bang goes that dent in 70k,

We shoot over grass + stubbles + use 1 lock… but please try some other guides out then come back to us and have a look for yourself and how we do things.

Good luck with what ever you do…

A

Bit emotional that ist'nt it? He broke down in tears? What kind of numpty goes back after one bad experience let alone 4 times.Give me strength...Strap back mate.......210 quid for a day on geese.....

I tell you what I'll start giving out guided day's on greys, pinks and even whitefront in Norfolk for a fiver a day ticket next season....You wont shoot 29 geese or 23 ducks because I would'nt let you, but what you will get is a stunning day in Norfolk and you will see more wildfowl than you can ever imagine.

Really sometimes you paid shooting agents need to get your sales pitch right......

I don't need a guide to shoot geese or any fowl for that matter.......The sooner the shooting community relizes the most enjoyable way to do it is through your local club and experience wildfowling the real way the better the shooting world will be :good::yes:

I would sooner see people travel to scotland and use a permit system through one of the many clubs up there that have worked so hard like UK clubs to preserve the sport of wildfowling in their area for others to enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tell you what

Edited by starlight32

Bit emotional that ist'nt it? He broke down in tears? What kind of numpty goes back after one bad experience let alone 4 times.Give me strength...Strap back mate.......210 quid for a day on geese.....

I tell you what I'll start giving out guided day's on greys, pinks and even whitefront in Norfolk for a fiver a day ticket next season....You wont shoot 29 geese or 23 ducks because I would'nt let you, but what you will get is a stunning day in Norfolk and you will see more wildfowl than you can ever imagine.

Really sometimes you paid shooting agents need to get your sales pitch right......

I don't need a guide to shoot geese or any fowl for that matter.......The sooner the shooting community relizes the most enjoyable way to do it is through your local club and experience wildfowling the real way the better the shooting world will be :good::yes:

I would sooner see people travel to scotland and use a permit system through one of the many clubs up there that have worked so hard like UK clubs to preserve the sport of wildfowling in their area for others to enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a joke!!

Do you not read about trips that have gone wrong for people without any come backs? We offer come backs if the shooting was not up to standard, how many agents do that??

We have a full book every year, i was asked about my trips for groups of guns wanting to get away! i have even offered people on this site to come to some of my ponds i wales and shoot for free, they want get 100's but they we have a hand full of geese and ducks on small pond shooting.. But where the numbers are grater the bags do get bigger, please dont sit there and tell me you would go all that way and shoot 1 goose, if your that way in thinking then this shooting trip is not for you.

As for your Norfolk Trip good on you!! but as we set the trips up for our gun’s, (that don’t like you have it on there door step,) and we Drive 14 hours to get there ourselves to make sure the days are run to the best standard for the gun’s running the guns around, setting them up, making sure they are In the thick of things, and making sure they go away with a smile on there face and wanting to come back, yes we charge more then your £5 or do you think we do it for love. I don’t tell you how to run what you do so please don’t tell me about my job, when you have never even seen what it is we do and what we offer.

Any d—k head can send someone to one end on the country! And say when they get back sorry you didn’t you get what you wanted out of the trip? we don’t do that we make sure every gun has shooting and gets what they want!

We have been running a very successful agency for over 25 years, and have shooters from all over the world take days i.e. pheasant, partridge, and wildfowl, stalking in UK and aboard, and doves aboard… somewhere along the line we must have the sales pitch right.

A

I tell you what

Well said Starlight,

The main issue here is greed, Will all these so called guides be helping to protect the sport of wildfowling when it comes to the crunch. How many of them help out the clubs that fighht so hard to maintain land to shoot on?

How many of them realise the damge they are doing to the sport by allowing their "Customers" to shoot huge ammounts of birds. Wild birds at that, not ones reared for the purpose like pheasants.

There obviously is big money in it if someone can be a goose guide in scotland from living in kent.

And to be perfectly honest I would rather pay your club for a nday ticket than line some Goose guides pocket.