general builder wanted - essex area

chandelierman

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i do,i have been in the business for 25yrs AND I HAVE HEARD ALL THE ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES JOKES THANK YOU :P

dude, chill out. i was just asking if you made chandeliers <_< sounds like you need a day off mate.

Ok,firstly i was having a joke about charging £200 a day ( even tho i do ) if someone on here wanted a job doing on here then i would have done it cheaper.

So lets see why i charge £200 a day. i do 8hrs for £25 hr

1.unlike the builder i work from a business premise which cost me £600 a month to rent. And Builders don't ever have premises or yards then?

2.unlike i also have to pay for the electric and business rates And I assume you think that all Builders work cash in hand and their equipment runs on fresh air?

3.unlike the builder my machinery costs 10's of £1000's I did hear that they were giving away cement mixers and Power tools etc with your next purchase of Breakfast cereal

4.unlike the builder i have a niche' market Yes you obviously have a craft but then so is does the builder, after all if you could lay bricks and screed a floor you wouldn't be asking for someone else to do it would you?

5.unlike the builder you won't find me in the phone book Oh well that is your loss

6.unlike the builder,i stump up all materials for my jobs and wait 3 months for the customer to pay And Jewsons and the like don't charge for the good they sell

SHALL I GO ON <_<Yes please do, You are shot down but not quite in flames

You quite clearly know nothing about the building trade then do you?

You quite clearly know nothing about the building trade then do you?

Ok

1,why does a builder need a yard and to pay rent to work on my premises

2.will they be bringing their own electricity supply with them when they are working in my premises,and do they all declare 100% cash that they take

3.I can supply any tools that are needed to do my work

4.builders have not got a niche' market

5.i don't need to advertise / i am always inundated with work

6.Read my original post - I WILL SUPPLY ALL MATERIALS

hello chandelierman. sound like you do some interesting work. in the summer i'm moving back up to norfolk and i'm going back to college to get my hnc in engineering anyhow as a way of making a bit of money i'm going to be making iron and copper outdoor and indoor lights aswell as fire pits. all to my own designs.

do you have a web page of you work.

hope you find a builder.

hello chandelierman. sound like you do some interesting work. in the summer i'm moving back up to norfolk and i'm going back to college to get my hnc in engineering anyhow as a way of making a bit of money i'm going to be making iron and copper outdoor and indoor lights aswell as fire pits. all to my own designs.

do you have a web page of you work.

hope you find a builder.

I don't have a website or advertise,all of my work is bespoke and made from drawings,i have pics of my work by request

Ok

2.will they be bringing their own electricity supply with them when they are working in my premises,and do they all declare 100% cash that they take

a builder needs a yard to store materials and equipment for a range of jobs

a builder that has no tools and uses customers b&q tools lol

you can't do the job but you know what materials to supply / so you can supply every little thing to do the job with out taking time out of the builders day asking him so he can put in a full days work (your properly one of those customers that come back with bent and twisted timber and make the job harder)

look mate what you want done is fine and if thats what you got to pay for the job fine /but don't start thinking that you know it all, about a trade you don't even do or by the looks of it know anything about / why is it every body seem to know all about building do you go through all this will your dentist when he gives you his bill / customer that knows more about building than the builder ,customer from hell comes to mind where your concerned ,maybe thats why you have to turn to national forums to find a builder, have you gone through all your local ones

Edited by roosy

a builder needs a yard to store materials and equipment for a range of jobs

a builder that has no tools and uses customers b&q tools lol

you can't do the job but you know what materials to supply / so you can supply every little thing to do the job with out taking time out of the builders day asking him so he can put in a full days work (your properly one of those customers that come back with bent and twisted timber and make the job harder)

look mate what you want done is fine and if thats what you got to pay for the job fine /but don't start thinking that you know it all, about a trade you don't even do or by the looks of it know anything about / why is it every body seem to know all about building do you go through all this will your dentist when he gives you his bill / customer that knows more about building than the builder ,customer from hell comes to mind where your concerned ,maybe thats why you have to turn to national forums to find a builder, have you gone through all your local ones

Ok,firstly i thought i'd offer someone on here the chance to earn a bit of extra cash,it might be a national forum but if you look at my heading i specify ESSEX,

I don't pretend to know everything about the building trade,having recently renovated a 3 bed flat and shop in London i think i get by OK <_<

Where does it matter where the tools come from? i am sure B&Q trowels are just as good as anyone elses.

Ok

Ok,

Here come the flames,

1, A builder may not need premises to do your one job but unless you are going to employ him for the rest of his life then chances are he will do other work.

2, Normally yes they do use generators or diesel powered cement mixers. Do you declare all cash? I am guessing that you don't if you are able to pay for these works cash. If my business was having work done I would want a receipt to claim it all back.

3, How do you know what tools are needed? And if the builders are there on site and you haven't got something then THEY still get paid.

4, Are you the only person in the world that does what you do? If not then neither do you.

5, So are most builders which is why you are trying to find one on a shooting forum.

6, I will refer you back to point 6, if they are there and the materials aren't they still get paid. Not many builders would take on a fixed price and rely on someone else getting the materials.

well said mc this bloke really has no clue / i think he just gets a strange kick out of winding people up (maybe its a sexual thing <_< ) i for one think this thread is just going round in one big circle so will just get let him get on with it ,what goes around comes around.

Edited by roosy

Ok,firstly i thought i'd offer someone on here the chance to earn a bit of extra cash,it might be a national forum but if you look at my heading i specify ESSEX,

I don't pretend to know everything about the building trade,having recently renovated a 3 bed flat and shop in London i think i get by OK <_<

Where does it matter where the tools come from? i am sure B&Q trowels are just as good as anyone elses.

Do you buy your tools from Market stalls? "Anything on the table for a £1"

Any professional worth their salt would not be using CHEAP tools. Every bricklayer I know will have several Marshalltown trowels

Ok,

Here come the flames,

1, A builder may not need premises to do your one job but unless you are going to employ him for the rest of his life then chances are he will do other work.

what has him working for others got to do with me? to do my job he needs no other premise

2, Normally yes they do use generators or diesel powered cement mixers. Do you declare all cash? I am guessing that you don't if you are able to pay for these works cash. If my business was having work done I would want a receipt to claim it all back.

i have got a cement mixer already - i don't delare any cash - UNFORTUNATELY FOR ME I DON'T GET ANY and FOR YOUR INFORMATION ( NOT THATS ITS ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS ) I have borrowed money from the bank to buy the workshop and do the work on it.

3, How do you know what tools are needed? And if the builders are there on site and you haven't got something then THEY still get paid.

I have listed what jobs need doing so they should know what to bring! IF NOT first job will to be brick the windows - i will supply trowels / bubble / shovel / club hammer / bolster -2nd job will be the block work which uses the same tools - 3rd job roofing / i have numerous saws inc power flip saw / mitre saw i have plumbing tools

4, Are you the only person in the world that does what you do? If not then neither do you.

I NEVER CLAIMED TO BE THE ONLY CHANDERLIER MANUFACTURER IN THE WORLD - ALTHOUGH I AM REGARDED AS ONE OF THE BEST :P

5, So are most builders which is why you are trying to find one on a shooting forum.

As previous quoted by myself,i thought i'd offer a bit of extra work on here / i have not advertised this elsewhere

6, I will refer you back to point 6, if they are there and the materials aren't they still get paid. Not many builders would take on a fixed price and rely on someone else getting the materials.

err! don't you mean refer back to point 3? i am not as stupid as you might think,i will supply all the materials for each job in turn.

OH NO! i think your fire has just gone out <_<

Anyhow as no one has stepped up for the job i don't see what relevance these replys have to do with my original post.

I asked if there were any general builders on here in ESSEX that wanted to do 20 days work for £100 a day,a bit simple really just a YES or NO would suffice,no need for a 6 page debate about it.

Edited by chandelierman

"I asked if there were any general builders on here in ESSEX that wanted to do 20 days work for £100 a day,a bit simple really just a YES or NO would suffice,no need for a 6 page debate about it."

Yes there is - We're haggling!!

Edited by Fatcatsplat

Any professional worth their salt would not be using CHEAP tools. Every bricklayer I know will have several Marshalltown trowels

why does it matter where they come from as long as they do the job,it ain't as if i will be using them again.

I have a rusty old Ragni, I suppose that's no good then :P

<_<

"I asked if there were any general builders on here in ESSEX that wanted to do 20 days work for £100 a day,a bit simple really just a YES or NO would suffice,no need for a 6 page debate about it."

Yes there is - We're haggling!!

I ain't seen / read any haggling / i think you are confusing haggling with heckling <_<

why does it matter where they come from as long as they do the job,it ain't as if i will be using them again.

Probably because cheap tools are ****.

A builder generally needs his own premises which need paying for to store his gear, digger, mixer etc. Not everybody stores their tools in their garage.

We have 2 fourty foot lock ups for all our gear and supplies. No way would all that fit into my garage. Those costs for the rental need to be paid for so a percentage of it goes on the bill.

Probably because cheap tools are ****.

A builder generally needs his own premises which need paying for to store his gear, digger, mixer etc. Not everybody stores their tools in their garage.

We have 2 fourty foot lock ups for all our gear and supplies. No way would all that fit into my garage. Those costs for the rental need to be paid for so a percentage of it goes on the bill.

I don't need any digging work doing

because have you ever bought something cheap used it and it just does not do the job properly try using a cheap trowel all day and lay bricks quick and neat / next you will be saying why does it mater that my trowel is covered in old cement, try using a dirty trowel where the mortar does not slide off cleanly/ all these different things make the difference between a tradesman and someone who has done up a couple of houses / little things like how the mortar is mixed all make a difference to laying bricks/ socking the bricks in water if its a hot day and they are a very porous brick, i really could go on all day it takes years to be a tradesman in any job/ so a trowel is a trowel statement you came out with really does make me think your just on some sort of wind up, please tell me your not for real

I don't need any digging work doing

You don't get it do you? Just because he doesn't need to use his digger or any other tool on your job doesn't mean he still doesn't have to pay for them. If he has them on a credit deal etc everyjob goes towards paying for them.

I haven't slated you for offering anybody any work and never would but please, don't patronise the building industry and the people who work hard for it by thinking you know everything about it and their needs. Thinking a tradesman can happily use a cheap trowel instead of a well used and trusted one is just daft!

Imagine how much harder your own job would be if you had to use cheap alternatives.