general builder wanted - essex area

chandelierman

I Take Perverse Pleasure In Winding People Up

Read true personal stories, chat & get advice, support and help from a group of 3 people who all say 'I Take Perverse Pleasure In Winding People Up'

heres a web site for you mate pm me and i will give you the link there is a phone number on there so you can get some help

i really do think this brings this thread to a close / we are just feeding an obsession here

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gawd this all started because he wanted a sole trader / builder to do work on a workshop. Yes the money was on the lower end of things but as Starlight pointed out there are people to work for that these days. I've had a builder on my house for pretty much all of last year and did that in a similar way ok paid £140 a day tools included however since mine my guy is on the phone regularly trying to sniff out work, only did a weeks worth in January and was scratching arround in February so would probably have taken the money and done it, and done it well. Tools he had shed he had to pay to store his gear in whether he was working or not. After all this could be weekend work to top up a day job and that is why the Polish etc have done so well over here they want to work rather than argue the toss money wise all day. Whats impressive is how many builders / tradesmen are on here during the day commenting on it which says it all to me.

I work in front of a computer all day, as do you. I am still a time served tradesman. I have just moved on from the tools and am now working in the design side of things.

I use some very expensive software which is factored into my hourly rate, the fact that I am on site in the morning to measure a job doesn't mean I will take that amount off my rate as I am not using it for that job does it?

gawd this all started because he wanted a sole trader / builder to do work on a workshop. Yes the money was on the lower end of things but as Starlight pointed out there are people to work for that these days. I've had a builder on my house for pretty much all of last year and did that in a similar way ok paid £140 a day tools included however since mine my guy is on the phone regularly trying to sniff out work, only did a weeks worth in January and was scratching arround in February so would probably have taken the money and done it, and done it well. Tools he had shed he had to pay to store his gear in whether he was working or not. After all this could be weekend work to top up a day job and that is why the Polish etc have done so well over here they want to work rather than argue the toss money wise all day. Whats impressive is how many builders / tradesmen are on here during the day commenting on it which says it all to me.

Yeah so OK whats the problem,i offered 20 days work for £100 a day ( could easily be done in 15 ) was told it wasn't enough money,so listed the jobs and how long it should take,offered the job on a price for £2500 which would work out at about £180 a day and still i am doing wrong <_<

Yeah so OK whats the problem,i offered 20 days work for £100 a day ( could easily be done in 15 ) was told it wasn't enough money,so listed the jobs and how long it should take,offered the job on a price for £2500 which would work out at about £180 a day and still i am doing wrong <_<

No not at all,

Can you make me a chandelier? It will only take you a couple of days and I'll pay you £100 a day?

It's more your attitude towards builders/the construction industry fella that is your wrong doing. Expecting anyone to work with cheap tools, do a great job but threatening not to pay if it's not good enough then stating it doesn't need to be perfect etc. You also still haven't answered wether or not you would/could work with sub standard tools.

I don't recall sending you an invite to join this discussion :P

It's called a public forum. No thread on an open forum needs an invite for anyone to comment in. :P

I hope you do get the work done and done well but you really need to alter your attitude towards other trades.

sounds about right :P another time waster trying to live a champagne life style on ginger beer money <_<

Here's another saying

It takes one to know one.

Are you charging one of your customers £25 an hour for you to be arguing on here?

It's more your attitude towards builders/the construction industry fella that is your wrong doing. Expecting anyone to work with cheap tools, do a great job but threatening not to pay if it's not good enough then stating it doesn't need to be perfect etc. You also still haven't answered wether or not you would/could work with sub standard tools.

I don't recall threatening anyone? i said if it ain't up to scratch then they won't get paid and if someone wasn't confident in themselves then they wouldn't take the job on in the first place so there shouldn't be a problem on that score / and no it doesn't need to be perfect but i don't want it falling down or being an eyesore

It's called a public forum. No thread on an open forum needs an invite for anyone to comment in. <_< fair enough

I hope you do get the work done and done well but you really need to alter your attitude towards other trades.

I will get the work done ( i forgot to say this morning that my friend is taking the job in wales but not for another 2 months :P )

I have no attitude towards other trades.

I need brick laying / plumbing and a woodwork,the 2nd part of the discussion suddenly turned to tools and equipment and people trying to tell me about work premise and materials.