Le Chameau Mouflon Plus or Meindl Dovre Extreme

Dodgemball

You have a choice of French or German. I have just bought some Meindl Dovre boots and they are fantastic. They are wide fitting so they are comfortable with thick socks. The keepers live in them and been told they sleep in them as they are that good. I paid £190 for mine, so go for it.

i've been trying on different types of Meindl in the last week - decided i don't want to go for Dovre as they are too high and i want them for trekking as well as shooting, so going with the Burma Pro MFS (goretex) or the Borneo Pro MFS (no goretex but slightly more comfortable)

Edited by nickbeardo

I remember reading alot of complaints a while back on the mouflons falling apart, so personally I would avoid them. Not heard a bad word about any meindl though.

I use Lowas :yes:

edited to say I ended up with the lowa's after trying a lot of boots on and these are the ones that fitted the nicest. try as many as you can before you buy, especially if you intend to spend a lot of time in them as there is nothing worse than sore feet when you are yomping around all day

Edited by cleaner4hire

Hi

At the prices these are likely to be I would suggest you investigate Altberg in Richmond, who do practically 'made to measure', with your input on leather type, sole, footbed, height etc (they talk you through your requirements and advise)...........and then make them for your feet as measured.

I and friends have had these for a few years and frankly I wouldnt go back to off-the shelf unless they fitted like a glove.

The down side is they do take a few weeks to be put together and you do have to have a 'pre-fit' in between at their premises.

Furthermore, they can replace soles, leather panels etc rather than a completely new boot should/when the need arises.

Interesting call.........

Cheers

Hi

At the prices these are likely to be I would suggest you investigate Altberg in Richmond, who do practically 'made to measure', with your input on leather type, sole, footbed, height etc (they talk you through your requirements and advise)...........and then make them for your feet as measured.

I and friends have had these for a few years and frankly I wouldnt go back to off-the shelf unless they fitted like a glove.

The down side is they do take a few weeks to be put together and you do have to have a 'pre-fit' in between at their premises.

Furthermore, they can replace soles, leather panels etc rather than a completely new boot should/when the need arises.

Interesting call.........

Cheers

I remember reading alot of complaints a while back on the mouflons falling apart, so personally I would avoid them. Not heard a bad word about any meindl though.

thats interesting as I had a pair of the synthetic hig le chameau walking boots and I wrecked them in 6 months, the stitching just seemed to rot

thats interesting as I had a pair of the synthetic hig le chameau walking boots and I wrecked them in 6 months, the stitching just seemed to rot

sounds about right - im sure i read it on a stalking forum - so it gave a fair representation of the sort of use i would put them through

Hi

Ive had the chameau mouflon plus,great pair of boots lasted a couple of seasons.Then moved onto Mendel Dover Extreme they also have been a good pair of boots but now I'm on to the Black Islanders Ditto and personally think the Black Islanders have been the best,all you have to do at the end of the day is hose them down and let them dry naturally,none of this waiting 2 days to let them dry and then waterproofing them up.Its like anything you must look after, them and when you spend a few quid on a pair of boots you want them to last.

my mouflons have had eighteen months of abuse[wading through floods filled with mud scraped on thorns/barbed wire,used to scramble around the occasional tree when i cant be bothered to put the chainsaw boots on,used for hiking all day up hill,dale and moor]with minimal cleaning,and other than a few surface scratches on the leather they clean up like new and have never leaked.i would seriously recomend mouflons on my experience of them :good::D:D