Thank you Frenchie boy

Lez325

I went out with the 17 HMR this morning looking to shoot bunnies- I set off at 6.30am the land I shoot over ( 4,500 acres) is literally across the road from me got the gear out of the truck and set off to my fave warren about 700 metres down a wooded path- I managed to get about half way down and stopped to stick on my gloves as its a tad frosty in Somerset this morning :yes:

As I put on my gloves I noticed some movement about 100 yards into a rape field and sure enough Old Charlie boy was wandering across - heading for the largest warren on the shoot- I lay down over a grassy bank and put the Frenchieboy fox screamer to my mouth and gave a couple of short sharp blasts

Charlie stood dead still and then turned to face me- he trotted slowly on still coming in to the Frenchieboy screamer- @ around 75 yards I had the cross hairs right between his eyes- I then shouted stop at the top of my voice - Charlie froze face on to me- well until the 17 HMR Blue tip hit him between the eyes and he dropped like a stone

so thanks again Frenchie boy- top tip - in fact I made two of different sizes to give varied pitch- worth giving them a go- easy to make and with little or no cost

Les :yes::lol::lol:

heres the result- sorry about the quality - taken with mobile phone

02032010109.jpg

02032010110.jpg

Thanks for the commendation Lez. It's good to know that I have managed to get something right, contrary to what my wife might say, and that it works well. That's quite a nice looking fox there, is it a dog or a vixen mate?

p.s. Nice shooting mate! <_<

Sorry to burst the bubble but I think its already patented :good:

http://www.foxcalluk.co.uk/

I have one of those and bought it about 3 years ago :lol:

I would have been surprised if that hadn't been the case. There must be hundreds of variations of this type of caller about. All I have done is turn one out that you can make yourself for just a few coppers in a couple of minutes!

I would have been surprised if that hadn't been the case. There must be hundreds of variations of this type of caller about. All I have done is turn one out that you can make yourself for just a few coppers in a couple of minutes!

More importantly, Frenchieboy has shared this knowledge with all of us fellow shooters :good:

On the bright side you could make about 8-10 of them for the price of one of those cost posted to your door :good: Its a longer lasting variation on the old thing we used to do as kids - the blade of grass between your both thumbs and blow :good: :good: :good:

You know guys I am quite surprised how this has "blown up" into such a topic and extended to almost "suggesting" that I could make money out of it. I don't know if I am the odd one out on this forum but to me not everything revolves around making money or financial gain! Life should be more about sharing, not necessarily sharing material objects but sharing our knowledge so that we can all improve our lives or situations. You see, I am not interested in making money out of such a simple idea as these callers. OK they are cheap and quick to make, I could no doubt make up a batch and sell them on the strenght of the feedback and reports that have come in about them, but how much should I charge for them? They can be made for just a few coppers and they take no longer that 5 minutes to make, I suspect that the postage would cost more that the value of the time and materials combined!

Do you not think that there would be so much more satisfaction in using one of these that you have made yourself and being able to call Charlie in to get a good shot at him than there would if I were to make one for you and rip you off on post and packaging etc just to line my own pockets?

If there are just the odd one or two of you that simply can not find the time or materials to make one yourself then by all means drop me a line and I will make and send you one. In return you might like to put a few coppers in a charity box, but I really do not want to turn this into a money making venture, that is against all I believe in and is not the way I want to run my life!

For those of you that have suggested that I could turn this into some kind of a money making idea I appologise if this post gets taken the wrong way, I do not mean to sound ungrateful, if anything I am delighted that you appreciate my efforts, but I do not want to change my life or my beliefs. I don't have enough of a busines head for that anyway!

Your last post says a lot about your purposes for posting your vid - To help us diy'rs, and thank you very much for that Frenchie boy.

It's simplicity itself but the actual result - for me at least - is that almost any time I go shooting from now on I'm going to be wishing I had made a trip to B&Q and dug around for some suitable material for the 'reed. It's definitely on my list of things to do but theres a certain section of that list that divides to want and will if that makes any sense?

Now - it's easy to paypal someone as we have it fresh in our minds, sat here at the Pc with the means to pay it at the touch of a few keys on the keypad and viola it's here next week: so that becomes something I have done rather than something I really want to do but probably won't because I work permanant nights and don't get time for shopping, especially in places like Buy and Queue up to pay. but it would also have gone out of my mind by tomorrow... :good:

I would love to ask you to do me one but respect that you'd probably rather not as you have a life with other things to do.

nice one lez!!

decent lump! wonder if hes the one we saw trotting through the fields when i came down?! lol.

great work!

good news, i have my fac interview next week! :-) many rabbits around at mo?

S

No he was much larger :good:;) this ones a yearling I would guess- plenty of bunnies round my way Steve- bring the HMR down next time and we'll murder a few :lol::D

Good luck with the Feo- keep me posted......

Les :good:

Edited by Lez325