cheap 4x4 insurance

magicoxon

I'm also with Adrian Flux and have been for a few years, not had a claim so can't comment on that side of things but I've never had any problems with them.

They also gurantee that if when you renew you find a cheaper quote than they will beat it as long as a like for like basis.

Also discount if you're member of an owners club or an relevant online forum for example I'm a member of Landyzone which gets a discount.

When I was renewing this year Bell insurance (part of Admiral Group) was the cheapest and quoted £264 fully comp and business use on my 10 year old Range Rover with 10 years ncb

Edited by Dr W

When I built a kit car several years ago I was insured with Adrian Flux, they were definetly the cheapest/best. I tried them this year to insure my disco and they were herondously expensive.

I am insured with Tesco.

I originaly (2003 ish) used NFU for my Discovery (recommended by dealer). Thought they OK until I got a quote from Esure and they were less than half price (£350 compared with £700+). I have since made a couple of claims through Esure. Both dealt with OK.

Andrew

BASC are doing insurance now...

I just tried them as my renewal comes up soon. They couldn't get close to Admiral who currently insure me. Admiral approx £350, Marsh/BASC over £600!

I then called Adrian Flux, I have had kit cars and Classic done by them many years ago, and they got it down to £300. However I called Admiral to tell them about the better quote, and they trimmed down to £298, so I am going to leave it with them.

Edited by john_r

Adrian Flux said theirs would cover me off road, so I specifically asked Admiral about that. The rep went away and came back to say yes.

So, I specifically said I would be driving along farm tracks and into fields, and she said that was all covered so long as no timed trials, competition events etc were involved.

realistically its highly unlikely you would want to make a claim for an off road accident most of my farm driving is sub 10mph and really I never press the truck so any damage would be scratches or at worst minor dent so not worth paying the excess. I suppose you could roll it but you'd be having to be more than a little silly to do so

I used to have my Lotus 7 replica insured with Adrian Flux for around 9 years .

It was fully comp limited mileage to 4500 for £99 a year

As you can guess no one can touch them but be aware there policy has a loyalty bonus but not a no claim bonus that you can transfer to another company .

So if you do leave them you are effectively starting all over again.

Be sure the driving off road is covered in writing as its easy to deny a phone call ever took place

I have my Defender insured with Swinton . I only have 3 years no claims and they did it for £175. They will cover for farm use but not green laning

......but be aware there policy has a loyalty bonus but not a no claim bonus that you can transfer to another company .

So if you do leave them you are effectively starting all over again.

Can you explain this, I was under the impression that as long as you have no claims bonus accumulated you could transfer to another company, is this not the case in your experience? I wouldn't have thought they could stop you getting a no claims bonus with another company?