decoys

paul p

i was wondering how many of you use real birds i had 24 flexicoy decoys a magnet and never done very well the magnet worked well a couple of years ago but the last few times i used it they ignored it now all i use is dead birds and have chucked all the gagets in the bin i just think if they dont come in to the real thing why should they come in to anything else and this year i have had few days of 80 plus the only thing i made up what did work was a pigeon on a line that glided down if any one wants to know how to make one call me on this number 07977809472 and i will do my best to help you

i always use a few dead pigeons  from previous outings mixed in with the plastic deeks and add to as they are shot, also i find putting a few crow deeks out works well, as does the archie coats method of throwing a dead bird out  of the hide as they come over,  and 2 or 3 floaters  if that lot don`t work i usualy go to the pub!!!!!!    8)

Hiya Paul p

I try to use dead birds whenever I can, mind you I've taken to using a few plastics lately as the thought of carrying 20 dead birds across 2 fields has lost it's appeal. As you know I have a bit of faith in the magnet(thats not to say it works all the time)but I rarely shoot the same field within 3 weeks.I have tried moving it into the field behind which sometimes works well.As for the bird on the line, I've thought about that loads of times & never got round to doing it! Well done to you for doing it! I think the main thing is, if your in the right place you should do OK.I've become a bit lapse lately & have'nt spent as much time looking as I should.And it's certainly shown!

All The Best

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys.

It's interesting to hear that those spinning wing decoys aren't working on the pigeons in South America.  I had a wind operated crow spinner that always seemed to work for me (until I put it out in a bloody gale one day and the wings flew off, never to be found again).  Does anyone know of where you might get them over here??

The website www.miracledecoys.com is worth a quick look for anyone who's interested (except for Lazza - you'll probably want to buy every gadget in the shop mate   :) ).