"aiming"

Magpies are gay

Obviously you need to get a gun which basically fits but I shouldnt worry too much about the whistles & bells as you can adapt your shooting style to some extent.

I have just had my gun fitted I've had it over to years at the time I bought it I was under the impression that it was basically a good fit, However, I was getting a visciouus kick in the cheek when I was firing so I tried to adapt to the gun by bringing my cheak back on the stock this solved the bruising on the cheek however my shooting went to pot. I went to a local gunsmith about 2 weeks ago and he straightened the cast of the gun and raised the comb .

I had it out yesterday and was shooting a hell of a lot better, there are still some minor adjustments to be made, but I am amased with the difference.

So basically adapting my shooting style to shoot the gun correctly was a bad idea, getting the gun properly fitted is the buisness.

:D:lol::lol::D:D

Thanks alot for all your help - all

I went shotgunning yesturday after noon and sat under a flight line, managed to bag 2 rooks and a wood pigeon, which i was happy about

And when againg today and missed everything....with about 10 shots

Whilst doing this i was trying to figer out what i was doing wrong when i was missing.....

Ive put it down to focusing both eyes on the bird! :D but i cant understand why im doing it :<

So im not really concentrating on where the barrels swinging...

Do you rekon this is just a bad habit?Im going to try and go to the shooting grounds tomorrow and try and break it!

Have you checked out which is your dominant eye if for example you are shooting off your right shoulder and you happen to be left eye dominant it means that your left eye is picking up the beed throwing the gun out of line.

Ask someone at your shooting ground they may be able to advise you, you may have to exercise using your right eye..... this would mean putting a patch over left eye while keeping it open as mentioned above on another post.

My right eye is the dominant one,

I visited the same flight line this afternoon, and managed to bag 3 rooks 1 crow and 2 pigeons with in 2hrs, with 18 carts....so 30%, doesnt sound very good i thought they were quite hards shots in the wind i had here...

Im guessing when shooting a shotgun you try to shoot the bird at the optimum range e.g 12bore with a number 6...30yards??

Not closer becuase you would have to be alot more accurate???

Any comments would be useful,

Thanks again

MAG