lamping

tony armstrong

If you're going down the gun mounted route you can't go far wrong with the lightorce 170 striker, you can also buy a handle for it so it can be converted to handheld, which gives you great versatility. If you really want some light then try the lightforce 240 blitz, I've got one myself and can light up most of the county with it. It is also considerable brighter than other lights even with a filter on. If possible try and go for the variable power versions as they allow you to alter the brightness which not only stops you scarring your quarry but also gives you significantly longer battery life.

ok fellas looking for opinions for the most reliable cost effective reliable lamp for night shooting. been suggested the clulite but just would like some feedback from people before i commit to buy.... cheers tony

I can't argue with lamp beam on the lightforce, but I note you mentioned the word reliable in your question, so in principle forget lightforce.

You also say cost effective :lol:

Deben Max Pro for scope fitting, shop around and it's yours for a little over £100, including scope fitting, battery and battery belt pouch, dimmer switch, charger, cigarette lighter adapter and a free red filter (if you get it on a deal).

It doesn't have the beam of the lightforce 170, (only a bit behind it) but it has always been far more reliable than the lightforce.

200-300 yard shots are perfectly possible at night (it is rated at 400), and just how often do you want/need to shoot further at night.....battery life is also FAR better than the lightforce.

:welcomeani::hmm::lol:

ive got a lightforce 140,a 170 and a pro-max i agree with dekers and go for the pro-max but you will need a bigger battery, i use a 14amp, the dimmer switch is great, its easy to make a handle for it so you can use it hand held, if you get one i will send you details of the handle.

ps just one thing i would never shoot 200-300yrs at night you cannot be sure what you are going to shoot,100-150max with a amber lens.

keith

ps. you will need another lamp if you use a gun mounted one, as you will be swinging the gun round all night otherwise.

Edited by abiteachuck

• 2 weeks later...
I can't argue with lamp beam on the lightforce, but I note you mentioned the word reliable in your question, so in principle forget lightforce.

You also say cost effective :beer:

Deben Max Pro for scope fitting, shop around and it's yours for a little over £100, including scope fitting, battery and battery belt pouch, dimmer switch, charger, cigarette lighter adapter and a free red filter (if you get it on a deal).

It doesn't have the beam of the lightforce 170, (only a bit behind it) but it has always been far more reliable than the lightforce.

200-300 yard shots are perfectly possible at night (it is rated at 400), and just how often do you want/need to shoot further at night.....battery life is also FAR better than the lightforce.

:):yes::hmm:

I was very close to getting a Lightforce a few months back, but have been tempted by the Deben range.

Just about to order the Deben Tracer Max Pro off uttings :sick: Think 300 yards is more than enough for me! Good price (relatively speaking!!) too.