No pigeons

billm

No pigeons in my area of Lancashire either, put it down to so many people being out in the woods roost shooting on the first two saturdays of the month. Febuary never is a good month round here. Had a good first saturday, but not roost shooting,last saturday not to bad, but it isn't looking good for this weekend.

I drove up to Coventry om Wednesday afternoon and came back today.

All the rape fields next to the M25, M1 and M6 had pigeon activity around them.

There was one field near Milton Keynes that had a flock of a few hundred lift off it, as I drove by.

I don,t think my wife would agree to drive, while I potted them out of the sunroof. :)

The temperature has dropped again in the last 48 hours, that might liven things up. :(

Oh no, thats blown it. :X  :X

down here in Kent we are running a lucrative pigeon smuggeling operation. :evil:  :evil:

We head up-north and steal as my pigeons as we can fit in the Ford Cortina, then bring them back and release them in a field. We then charge people to shoot them. 8-)  8-)

Got the idea from pigeon guides... :D  :(  :)  :D  :)  :)

We were using chickens painted grey and throwing them over the hedge, but us southen fairies had trouble hitting a 5lb bird, bearly able to fly, at 7foot from the ground. :)  :D  :D  :D  :D  :(

Had a drive to the nearest shoot today for a look round and there were no birds on the rape.

Saw a few on some pasture fields and that was all.

Weather men say that this high pressure is on the way out and cloud,showers and wind on the way so hopefully things will improve. :(