white bunny with wild rabbits

night owl

on the way home early on and thought i would drive past a permission to see if the cows were still there as its a good place for crows but the animals have been there for a few weeks and its only a very small field .was totaly shocked when i seen a white rabbit running around with some wild ones .now what should i do remove it or leave it as we are not realy aloud to shoot rabbits on this land till october if it is a tame one will it bread with a wild one and end up with a whole lot of them by october .1+2+3 are wild rabbits 5 is a crow and 4 is the white rabbit

Edited by night owl

we had 1 white rabbit around the farm where we shoot. The farmer wanted it left because it was different. That was about a year ago now theres about six of them and the farmer wants ride of them. There might be rabbits on the island carrying the white gene on the island so if u get the chance i think u should get rid of it and treat it like an other rabbit :lol: :o <_<

While it is quite possible that it is someones pet rabbit that has escaped and "set up home" with the local wild rabbit population it could also be just as possible that there is a wild rabbit on the island that is carrying the white gene in it's system which has caused this "freak of nature" naturally. I have seen pure black rabbits (And other variations in colour) in various places that have been living and breeding quite happily with the local wild rabbit population and I will shoot them just the same as they taste and do just the same amount of damage as the native wild rabbits, and if that is what nature intends then they will breed and pass on their genes to others.

There is yet another possibility-This particular rabbit heard that you were coming to check on the land and was told that you were an "ace shot", and on fearing for it's life it turned white with fright! :o :lol: :o

p.s. I can't see the photo of the rabbit, did you take a shot and frighten it off? <_<

Edited by Frenchieboy

i posted 2 photoes yesterday and it seams like one has deleated the other so will re post when i get home .i think i will have to take the rabbit as i dont realy want white rabbits every where as the public will get a bit eatchey if they see us shooting white rabbits .as they have access to this land till october .i can see the head lines now HUNTERS SHOOTING PET RABBITS

To me there's something wrong shootin a white rabbit. Could bring terrible bad luck methinks.

<_<

That's fine if you are superstitious but I am not mate. Everyone to their own beliefs!

For me it would quite likely bring terrible and unfortunate bad luck to the rabbit in the form of a 17GR bullet from my HMR!

I have lots of Black Rabbits on one of my Farm shoots

Heres one who jumped out during a Pigeon Bash- and got 30g of No6 for his trouble

27062009050.jpg

Les :lol:

Quite a few black rabbits on my permission also here are just a few that I shot last year.

post-12981-1268830890.jpgpost-12981-1268830897.jpg

post-12981-1268830902.jpgpost-12981-1268830909.jpg

Edited by Luckyshot

I have lots of Black Rabbits on one of my Farm shoots

Heres one who jumped out during a Pigeon Bash- and got 30g of No6 for his trouble

27062009050.jpg

Les :blush:

les, didnt you know its 20 years bad luck for shooting a black rabbit, you're proper jinxed now mate, lol

mikee

• 2 weeks later...
We also have some fawn/ginger coloured rabbits about occasionally and we are getting quite a few black ones about too now. They just get treated the same as any other rabbit as they do just as much damage.

I agree - KILL E'm all :good::P:D

Les :lol: