Wildcat predator 8 moderator

tikkamark

Hey all my question is this-

I recently bought a p8 moderator and use it on my tikka 223 i ordered the up to 243 model but ended up with the up to .308 baffel model the guy in the shop gave me a very good price for the mod so i bought it,my question is would the mod be much quieter with the smaller diameter baffles or would i be better off keeping my £100 and just use the baffel set that i have at the moment-is there much sound difference using the 223 in a 308 sized hole as opposed to the .243 one??

Hey all my question is this-

I recently bought a p8 moderator and use it on my tikka 223 i ordered the up to 243 model but ended up with the up to .308 baffel model the guy in the shop gave me a very good price for the mod so i bought it,my question is would the mod be much quieter with the smaller diameter baffles or would i be better off keeping my £100 and just use the baffel set that i have at the moment-is there much sound difference using the 223 in a 308 sized hole as opposed to the .243 one??

The .22 insert is now available and that is the one you ideally want with a .223. My .223 had the .243 Baffle stack simply because at the time I bought it the .22 stack was not available, I changed my .243 stack for a .22 stack last year and it is quieter. So moving away from a .308 baffle stack for a .223 will be noticeably quieter.

Whether you consider the extra money worth it who knows?

Part 2

.308 to .243 stack will be worthwhile and easily noticeable to the ear.

.243 to .22 stack will be an improvement but certainly not so noticeable.

If you want a .243 stack I have one available in excellent order, £60 including delivery to mainland UK. I'm pretty sure this would not have to be face to face but I will have to check before I could ship!

EDIT

Should have looked first, you seem to be in the RoI, I think things may be different legally out there, but shipping would be more anyway if you were interested, PM me if you want a chat!

Edited by Dekers

I bought the 30 cal model for my .243 Mark,on the say so of the shop,told me there`d be no difference in noise reduction.

Anyway after getting nowhere with them,i got in touch with the supplier and complained...what do you know,they(the shop) swapped the baffle end for a 25cal set (didn,t seem very happy when i went for it tho :good: think they had a roasting from the supplier)and the noise reduction was huge..so yes,i`d swap if i where you.

The .22 insert is now available and that is the one you ideally want with a .223. My .223 had the .243 Baffle stack simply because at the time I bought it the .22 stack was not available, I changed my .243 stack for a .22 stack last year and it is quieter. So moving away from a .308 baffle stack for a .223 will be noticeably quieter.

Whether you consider the extra money worth it who knows?

Part 2

.308 to .243 stack will be worthwhile and easily noticeable to the ear.

.243 to .22 stack will be an improvement but certainly not so noticeable.

If you want a .243 stack I have one available in excellent order, £60 including delivery to mainland UK. I'm pretty sure this would not have to be face to face but I will have to check before I could ship!

EDIT

Should have looked first, you seem to be in the RoI, I think things may be different legally out there, but shipping would be more anyway if you were interested, PM me if you want a chat!

Hows it going dekers

Im only after noticing that the stainless blast plate and honeycomb shaped piece threads out.....can you change this piece to the .22 cal insert or do you have to buy the whole top piece of the mod??

I bought the 30 cal model for my .243 Mark,on the say so of the shop,told me there`d be no difference in noise reduction.

Anyway after getting nowhere with them,i got in touch with the supplier and complained...what do you know,they(the shop) swapped the baffle end for a 25cal set (didn,t seem very happy when i went for it tho :o think they had a roasting from the supplier)and the noise reduction was huge..so yes,i`d swap if i where you.

Hey there jeff,as i mentioned above to dekers do you know if that stainless blast plate section can be just changed from a .308 to the .22 sized piece??If it can that would be fairly handy as the .22 cal insert is listed on the uk custom shops web page at 55 pound which sounsa reasonable enough :good:

Hows it going dekers

Im only after noticing that the stainless blast plate and honeycomb shaped piece threads out.....can you change this piece to the .22 cal insert or do you have to buy the whole top piece of the mod??

Yep..thats all you need!

Hey there jeff,as i mentioned above to dekers do you know if that stainless blast plate section can be just changed from a .308 to the .22 sized piece??If it can that would be fairly handy as the .22 cal insert is listed on the uk custom shops web page at 55 pound which sounsa reasonable enough :good:

Hows it going dekers

Yep..thats all you need!

When i got my .30cal baffle set swapped for the .25 cal set,i screwed it on,took it to the range and it hadn,t even lost zero.

Also the noise reduction went from about 1/3 to 2/3s quieter.

So yes Mark,just change the end section with the baffles in,and in your case,you,ll have a set for any .30 cal you get in the future :good: