Linseed drillings

bunny_blaster

I've grown it a few times. From what i've seen they dont bother with spilt grain - Its small flat and brown. They do feed on the newly emerged crop but are quite easily discouraged. I dont know why this is - maybe there was plenty of other food elsewhere as the sowing time is quite late and everything else is already growing well?

We where one of the first to grow linseed on a trial in the late 80s we planted it on top of some chalk downs.

The seed showed up well on the pure white soil which I think it made it easy for the birds to find.

It was where I shot my first hundred bag then and for only about two years we had some good bags on drilling and then about when it was two weeks old and then harvest.

I have lots of lenseed but have not shot any it in over 10 years due to the lack of intrest by the birds .

Regards OTH

We used to shoot over it a little. I was told by an old boy that they only tend to feed on it when the 3rd leaf on the plant shows? Not sure if this is just one of those old tales as we didnt get much. We have got some this year, so it will be interesting

Hi all one of the farmers i shoot for is drilling some Linseed in about a month. Anyone done any good on it in the past? I had some good days on the stubbles last year but never tried the drillings.

Cheers

Ben

not good when drilled but some sport can be had as the green shoots come through, a lot of better value food about at present seed is also dressed which is not ideal.